Access problems in Kingadome during live streams

During the May 8 livestream of “Beyond Atlantis,” I wasn’t able to access many of the areas of the Kingadome. When I attempted to go to the theater to watch the movie on the little screen, Crow, dressed like an usher, “told” me that yesterday’s stream was over and didn’t recognize that I had a yearly subscription to watch all live streams in the future. Also, I had to click on the Cambot to get to the few parts of the Kingadome that were open to me. When I did so from the outside of the Kingadome, all I got was a blank page.

3 Likes

Have you purchased a season pass or a ticket to the movie?

1 Like

I ran into that today and yesterday where going to the Kingadome stated that LAST NIGHT’S event was over. Sat night it EVENTUALLY refreshed itself to the current event (after many many reloads, I think). Today I clicked on a circular double arrow in Crow’s message and that seemed to fix it.

I don’t know if the active event was getting cached or what. But just doing a browser reload didn’t help.

2 Likes

I not only have a season pass, but am a backer. Anyway, I was eventually able to get into the Kingadome theater. It seems that part doesn’t open, until the films themselves begin. It still has to be accessed via the Cambot links.

Next time, try a hard refresh (shift+reload) from the Gizmoplex lobby. Others have given that advice around the Forum, and it worked for me a few times. I also found that exiting and coming back in helped, too. Or a frustrating combination of both. I’ve learned to pop in 10 minutes in advance of the livestream in case I run into that issue.

2 Likes

I can usually walk into the theater just fine. But sometimes the screen will go blank and I’ll need to refresh once or twice to restart the festivities. This isn’t often, though. It may have more to do with our not-so-great internet service.

2 Likes

Same…I get the twirling square of death a lot. Refresh usually gets the page loaded properly =)

1 Like

It’s true, the Kingadome area is only open an hour or so ahead of the live events. To watch recordings of previous live events, find them in your video fridge and you can watch them in a “private” viewing room. AKA the theater, but not live.

1 Like