Actors in MST3K Movies You Were Surprised To See Elsewhere

Not so much Gregory Peck in Space Travelers AKA Marooned, which is an honest-to-gosh big budget Hollywood movie. That’s not surprising. Not even so much Gary Lockwood in The Magic Sword so we can have lots of 2001: A Space Odyssey jokes.

The example I’m thinking about is the fact that, not too long ago, I realized the guy who yells

TORTURE!

in Teenagers From Outer Space is King Moody, who was KAOS agent Starker on Get Smart.

Or that the leader of the Indian tribe on F Troop (who played Indians a zillion times) appears in Teen Age Caveman (along with Robert Vaughn, of course, from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Others?

3 Likes

Bo Svenson (Kor the Conqueror) in Kill Bill

2 Likes

Recently had a first time viewing of Barbarella on Showtime and didn’t expect “Calgon.”

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this one before, but my mind still boggles at it - Jean Sullivan, the mom in Squirm was Errol Flynn’s love interest in Uncertain Glory.

Also, Glenn Corbett, The Stranger, was the original Zephram Cochrane on Star Trek. Lesley Parrish, Giant Spider Invasion was also on an episode of Star Trek.

5 Likes

Sam, the groundskeeper in Werewolf, is in the video for Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun.” He’s even wearing the same glasses.

R. C. Bates

4 Likes

Whether climbing or descending the ladder of fame, at some point just about everyone seems to pass through Star Trek.

2 Likes

That very same dude got second billing under Robert Redford (and above Susan Sarandon) in the Great Waldo Pepper.

Digger Smokin probably played Humpty Dumpty somewhere. :laughing:

Incredibly… these two nit-wits were in different episodes of “Three’s Company”.

3 Likes

Incredibly…this villain who could barely walk in Space Mutiny…

Was also a martial-arts, butt-kicker hero in 2 Riff-trax movies…

3 Likes

Digger Smolkin was played by Mel Welles. He was an interesting guy.

3 Likes

I’m sure this is common knowledge around these parts, but Duane Whitaker, who played Roadrash the bouncer in ‘Hobgoblins’, was killed by Bruce Willis with a sword in ‘Pulp Fiction’.

3 Likes

Related:

1 Like

He was also a cook in “Chopping Mall”. Which is a good enough reason to rewatch Chopping Mall.

There’s an episode of The Man From UNCLE that has not only the stars, David McCallum and Robert Vaughn, but also Richard Kiel and Glenn Corbett. The Hong Kong Shilling Affair.

1 Like

For me, it’s when I went over to a relatives for Thanksgiving, and Steel Magnolias was on in the family room, I heard a voice, and said, “Holy cow, that’s Droppo! The Laziest Man On Mars!”

I’m trying to find it, but I’m positive that Bill “Droppo” McCutcheon also did the voice for Mayor McCheese in a 1970s McDonald’s commercial.

2 Likes

My mom used to watch CSI and I remember seeing Brigid Conley Walsh from Quest Of The Delta Knights as a recurring villain in the early seasons.

2 Likes

Christopher Lee, NO! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s funny, I came to the Sci-Fi era episodes late, so when I saw Quest and saw her, I was, “Oh, hey, it’s that girl who was Wesley’s girlfriend in Season 2 of Angel!”

1 Like

These two guys from the “Being From Another Planet” episode…

Years earlier…were main characters in the classic John Carpenter movie, “Assault on Precinct 13”

2 Likes