Additional Badge Requirements?

Are there a additional requirements for some of the badges that is not described in their badge descriptions?

For example, the First Reaction badge. I’ve used reactions about a dozen times and hadn’t received the badge.

Another one, the Promoter badge. I invited one person (so far) and in my activities it says, they accepted the invitation. Is there something missing that I didn’t get the badge?

One more, the Thank you badge. With all the likes I’ve given and received, I would have thought this one would be in the bag also.

Not a big deal, but I wax just curious about this. The badges are a fun aspect of the forum, but it just doesn’t seem like they are all working properly. Or is it that there is more needed to be done to get the badge than what has been described in their descriptions.

1 Like

Sometime it takes the “badge crawler” a while to do its analysis and award a fresh round of badges based on criteria met. So it could just be a delay.

The Reaction badge was just recently re-enabled, so there might be more going on with that.

I’ve never gotten any of the external invite badges to unlock, but other folks have, so it could just be me.

2 Likes

Thanks. Good to know.

To see what’s involved in being a “Regular”, you have to dig through the Discourse website.

It looks like you already have the First Reaction and Promoter badges.

2 Likes

So it was most likely the system delay in the badge crawler, as they didn’t have those badges when I checked earlier.

1 Like

Yep. Looks like I just got them. @SandyFrank was correct, there was a delay. Thanks for the response.

Just trying something out. :+1:

1 Like

By the way: I visited every day for a year, so I’m now a Devotee.

:trumpet:
(works best if you picture Crow playing the fanfare, by the way)

I’m not sure if it’s a badge which disappears again if you miss a day because your internet’s down or you have to flee a natural disaster or something. :thinking: Like “Regular,” which I had for a while but now do not… for some never-explained reason.

Anyway, grab all you want from the Deluxe Party Snail Platter (whichever flavors you love best). Today, at least, it’s on me.

:partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you get to keep it once you earn it. Badge like this are forever.

1 Like

Sweet! Oh, and I guess I still have Regular as well? I just have to click on my profile to see it, rather than it being next to my name like it was for a while. :trumpet:

1 Like

If it becomes available as a title when you earn it, then you should be able to select it in your user settings. I only have Backer or none available, but I have not earned the Regular badge, either.

2 Likes