After Extensive Research...

I can conclude my dog refuses to watch Joe Don Baker movies.

No, really. He will leave the room. He’s fine with Sandy Frank’s stuff, weirdly.

5 Likes

At my alma mater, back in the 20s, the school mascot was a dog named Seal. He had the run of grounds, and he would frequently walk into classrooms. The understood rule was that when Seal had had enough and left, class was over regardless of the time. Seal is buried in a human cemetery on grounds, not too far from where my father is interred.

3 Likes

Have you considered that your dog may have jowl envy?

3 Likes

By jove, I think you’ve cracked it!

That could 100% be it.

But he’s okay with McClure. Maybe it’s the meaty musk that makes him less envious of those jowls?

3 Likes

Now why confuse a dog and name it after a different animal?

1 Like

There is a deep history of rampant alcohol use at the school. We were Playboy’s top party school for a while, and our unofficial mascot is a fish that can drink five times its own weight. So yeah, “Seal.”

3 Likes

I tend to think of McClure as not so much as jowly as having so much neck that it creeps up his cheeks.

2 Likes

“Boy, your neck done crept up on your eyebrows. Wait… Those are cheeks. Maybe skip a ribeye sometime, son?”

1 Like

Ok, you get a full ROTFLMFAO for that!

1 Like

Well, you see, “Kiss From A Rose” was a song that was just everywhere a long time ago and that kinda thing happening at a formative time is bound to influence your thinking some.

1 Like

When I was in college, my roommate and I discovered that my dog often had obvious likes and dislikes when it came to music. Among his favorites were Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Roxy Music, and Pink Floyd (Meddle, in particular).

2 Likes

. . .was his favorite track on Meddle “Seamus,” by any chance?

2 Likes

That’s not made for human in the first place.

2 Likes

That one did cause his ears to prick up, but we had noticed he seemed to dig the album before it got to that track. If anything, it seemed to pull him out of enjoying the record.

1 Like

There are stronger tacks on that one, fair point.