Alien Factor: The Ear worm…

I was watching CT live riff of Alien Factor and for the last 2 days, that song from the bar band just won’t leave my brain. It just sits there repeating over and over and over and over and over again… J Elvis is killing the riffs in this one! “I’ll be true to you… and I’ll make a hearty stew…”
As much as I love Cinematic Titanic, I wish that THIS SONG WOULD LEAVE MY HEAD!!!

2 Likes

lol. I think that’s one of the better bad-movie songs out there.

You just need to unearth a bigger, stronger (even more annoying) creature to battle with it. Maybe, one of those stale song-tines from The Beatniks would work. :grin:

bubonic plague throwback GIF by gifnews

1 Like

Or maybe the melodious song styling of Arch Hall Jr. in Egah!

Sorry about my face…

2 Likes

My personal theory about earworms is that they are songs you remember up to a certain point, but then forget what happens next - either the music or the words - so your brain just keeps looping the song up until the problem point in frustration.
Most earworms can be cured by listening to the song all the way through, even if you hate it. Especially if you hate it, then you can get rid of it all the quicker.

2 Likes

I thought that would work with another one about a year ago. It was the most ironic earworm “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” by Kylie Minogue… it didn’t…

1 Like
1 Like

Everybody sing!

ETA: The previous link is dead, so here’s a new one.

Now imagining the Monkees showing up on the set and, at the very least, not making the shennanigans any more ridiculous.

2 Likes