Allison Hayes. Leaded or Unleaded?

He also was one of the art directors on I Wake Up Screaming, one of the first film noirs.
I Wake Up Screaming
He was very lucky to have worked with Richard Day. A lot of his success came from that. Oh, and he usually went by Jerry Juran but family referred to him as Nathan.

5 Likes

Gunslinger is great on its own and when you add the MSTie treatment it’s hilarious. The scenes clearly filmed in a hall, the guys on horseback waiting for their cue, “naughty naughty” can-can girls, Wormy, the greatness of Beverly Garland and of course the beautiful villainess Allison Hayes :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Indeed. It is impressive how much Roger Corman squeezed out of a 6 day production. And it rained 5 days out of 6 days of shooting. Beverly Garland and John Ireland were a strong pair and on set Allison supposedly asked according to Corman while filming, “Who do I have to f**k to get off this production?” Beverly is such a sweetheart and talent. I wrote something on her as well.

3 Likes

I think she also ended up breaking her leg (?) and filmed some of her scenes while they were waiting for an ambulance to get through the horrible mud that plagued them. She was a trooper. I think I would have been a regular visitor to her saloon. :heart_eyes:

The others are cool, but this one is the most awesome. JaninthePan, your uncle directed a Harryhausen movie!!! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Three Harryhausen movies actually. 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957) and First Men in the Moon (1964) also have his effects. And we can’t forget Bernard Herrmann scored The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958).

5 Likes