Am I the only person who loves "Daddy-O"?

“Well who are you now?”

“Otto Von Cheesebiscuit”

7 Likes

It has changed a few times over the years but, currently, last season’s take on Mac and Me is enjoying the top spot.

4 Likes

Holy crap, I did not know John Williams scored Daddy-O.

7 Likes

Yup. At first I thought it might be a coincidence and they were merely joking on the name (not knowing how prolific Williams has been long before the 70s), but when I heard that familiar musical piece, I knew it could only be him!

5 Likes

I think that was his very first film score. Or one of his very first, at least.

6 Likes

I love Daddy-O. I’m a fan of the delinquent films, Rebel Set, Beatniks, Untamed Youth!

5 Likes

Hah! I actually put Daddy-O as my favorite episode in the profile! What makes it really great are the host segments. Joel and the bots were on fire! And I loved Mike’s character!

6 Likes

Yup, Sampo’s Law. There probably isn’t any episode where “Am I the only person who loves this?” is true!

7 Likes

Love Daddy-O to pieces. Dick Contino’s presence (and singing) make for some outstanding riffs.

And the Alphabet Antics short works much better on repeat viewings.

I owe Daddy-O a personal debt of gratitude for being my MST3K episode of choice after I got a wisdom tooth extracted.

5 Likes

Daddy-O is much easier for me on re-watch. Much less scenery chewing. Also, Contino is the better singer even if that wasn’t his usual genre.

4 Likes

dickcontinoalbum1

dickcontinoalbum3
dickcontinoalbum4

I mean, I can understand why Daddy-O didn’t incorporate Dick Contino’s accordion skills more, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not upset about it.

13 Likes

But just think of how much an accordion-playing character would add to so many riffed movies! Torgo could play his own theme.

3 Likes

Also I think there’s some real chemistry between the two leads. He’s not the ideal life partner, but whatever. Some people like Twilight. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

All these Manos sequels and not one features Torgo rocking out zydeco sounds. NOT ONE.

8 Likes

If that poor “Dixieland Jazz” guy from Killer Shrews had only been a Cajun, he could’ve beaned the monsters in the head with his squeezebox and gotten away clean.

3 Likes

I agree with there being chemistry between the two Daddy-O leads. I don’t think the film would’ve been as effective if there wasn’t.

Also also, Dick Contino and Sandra Giles were cheated out of stinger honors with that surreal “Want some?” / “I WANT AN ANSWER!” moment.

4 Likes

Furthermore, the riffing of “Rock Candy Baby” and the “Hike Your Pants Up” song may be among my favorite five-minutes-or-so stretches of MST3Kdom.

8 Likes

“He’s singing the left side of the menu!”

7 Likes

mst3k307inspirational

Servo: “You know, this is inspirational, guys!”

4 Likes

Gee, you think they were blue tinting this one? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes