An important poll about commas

Can’t we just get BEYOND the comma?

5 Likes

You can take the Oxford comma from my cold, dead hands, but the name of the show is Mystery Science Theater 3000 not 3,000. Oh well. The mayor was doing good by the show, so I can let it go.

9 Likes

Whoa, commas. We sure we don’t want to make this thread about something a little less divisive, maybe political discussion instead? Or maybe one space/two spaces after a period? :laughing:

5 Likes

Baby steps.

1 Like

The situation could have been worse; the mayor could have been born and raised in any one of a number of certain non-English speaking countries. Then the proclaimation would have been for “Mystery Science Theater 3.000” day.

I’ll show myself out…

[Edit] Have you actually read the full text of that proclaimation? It’s a hoot! I’ll forgive the comma for this paragraph alone:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jacob Frey, Mayor of Minneapolis, do solemnly swear on the grave of Eegah, that November 22nd, 2018, shall be known as

6 Likes

omg on the grave of eegah

TOO SOON

5 Likes

looking forward to this being stuck in my head all day now

2 Likes

I always thought step two to any plan was, “Print the T-Shirt.” So do we print the T-Shirt and then break out the torches and pitchforks, or vice versa?

3 Likes

I will make the sky rain blood and salt the earth with the dead.

6 Likes

The confusion arises from the fact that the show clearly does not take place in the year 3000. So the poor muggles are left wondering, 3000 of what, exactly?

2 Likes

Well, the theater itself is the titular Mystery Science Theater, so perhaps 3000 is its Turkey Volume?

8 Likes

The show’s title should have been Mystery Science Theater [semicolon] 3000.

8 Likes

Mystery! Science: Theater; 3,000.

7 Likes

Woah, WHAT!? Eegah’s dead?!

6 Likes

Eegah’s not dead.

We just took him to a nice cave upstate where he’s running around with other cavemen.

11 Likes

They’re just metaphysically challenged.

6 Likes

They’re as alive as Eegah’s relatives.

6 Likes

It says so in the Book of Genesis:
“There were giants in the earth in those days, and they died in the swimming pool,” Chapter 4, Verse 32.

7 Likes

“3,000 is far too large a volume for a turkey! It cannot be! I know this for certain; for I am Turkey Volume Guessing Man!”

6 Likes

You guys sound like a bunch of commanists.

5 Likes