And Other Science Facts

So has anyone else ever thought about how crazy it is that the Mads managed to build a space elevator in the 90s?

What the heck happened to the umbilicus when the Forresters cut the satellite loose? Did they just roll it up like a garden hose?

I feel like someone should tell NASA.

4 Likes

It’s also pretty cool that Joel didn’t use his ability to create artificially intelligent life out of bowling pins and gumball machines to Skynet all of us.

In all the time that he’s had the ability to destroy all life on Earth, he didn’t do that.

They should make a Hallmark card for that.

So thanks, Joel, for not killing us.

6 Likes

:relaxed:

2 Likes

Heck, Mike was interacting with the nanites who built him a really real time machine!

4 Likes

Oh man, I forgot about the nanites!

The Mads could’ve reduced our entire civilization to a swirling ocean of grey goo, and they didn’t do that!

4 Likes

Eh, I’ll bet the Mads stole all that tech. Kinga is actually probably the most scientifically gifted of them all.

But yeah, Joel really could create life from the junk you have piled on the ping-pong table in your basement. Could it be that he’s really… God, Davey?

8 Likes

If he made a sentient ping-pong table, then we can talk.

3 Likes

I see limited applications for that.

3 Likes

mst3k602bluerobot

Mike, on the other hand, came close to creating a catastrophic A.I.

8 Likes

Mike also almost brought down the wrath of a dolphin warship on us by being a big ol’ goober.

He’s trouble, he is.

The Observers shoulda thrown the dang book at him.

7 Likes

But he’s basically an amiable lug. And he did serve his hours of community service.

7 Likes

Bobo doesn’t get enough credit for his lawyerin’ skills.

8 Likes

His pie-based line of questioning WAS a novel legal strategy.

9 Likes

I would watch an entire movie about a time-traveling lawyer ape that played out like The Devil’s Advocate but the client is Little Debbie and the devil just wants to use the ape’s pure love of baked goods for evil.

4 Likes

Ideally the prosecutor would be played by Santo and he would eventually win by having his wrestling team blow a hole in the side of the courthouse.

5 Likes

Crow won a couple of Nanites at a fair and they multiplied from that. The Mads had no hand in their creation.

4 Likes

Oh heck, that’s right!

1 Like

And from a baking standpoint, he was spot on. If you’re not Benoît Blin flexing some “because I can” stunt baking, you’re not making a warm-water crust.

4 Likes

That’s why I love this show. That’s why this show is THE BEST. :smiley:

4 Likes

Do you know what science fact I want to know? Do you? Well, I’m going to tell you anyway.

I want to know if they actually figured out the number of turkeys it would take to fill the SOL when Mike gave the number during the TVGM host segment. Because I could believe that they did and I could equally believe that they just picked a random number. But I really want to know!

6 Likes