And the 14th Doctor is...

I think the only real scandal is that the Doctor is STILL NOT GINGER. :laughing:

7 Likes

What message was he pushing, besides “Chris Chibnall doesn’t understand Doctor Who”?

1 Like

My personal headcanon for years was that The Master was in fact The Doctor, but earlier incarnations (The Brain of Morbius opened up this possibility). They seemed fairly evenly matched as far as skill sets were concerned, but the Doc always won due to having more experience.

Why did I come up with this idea? Because as you progress in academia, you earn your Master’s degree before you earn your Doctorate.

2 Likes

But we already have an evil Doctor- The Valeyard.

Oh poor naive me thinking his work on Broadchurch would have taught him something:

I was cautiously optimistic about his tenure, and I think he was such a disservice to Jodie. When I saw her first teaser trailer, the one that was like “new face, new worlds, new adventures… will you be my new best friends?” I was like “YES THIS IS MY DOCTOR!” I do so strongly sincerely hope she gets to have a fantastic guest appearance under new management.

I’m entirely unfamiliar with Ncuti Gatwa so that’s pretty exciting for me. First episodes with new Doctors are usually not that great so I won’t be expecting a fully-fledged character (probably another one of the standard “the Doctor is out of commission for most of the runtime” affairs), but this is getting me excited about Who again.

2 Likes

I think an argument could be made that The Valeyard actually helped his previous incarnation via a convoluted plan worthy of both The Doctor and Master combined. If anyone else had been prosecutor, the Time Lords may have succeeded.

Or one could say The Valeyard is actually a future Master (and a past Doctor), because once you link those two, everybody’s a Doctor. Gotta love a show with only a loosely defined canon.

But I should really just relax.

2 Likes

The Master is The Doctor’s “evil reflection”, so shares most of their established origin. They went to the Schism at the same time and were childhood friends who went to school together, where The Master did a lot better than The Doctor, they left Gallifrey for different reasons and got up to VERY different things.

3 Likes

Jodie, like Colin, will be much better served by Big Finish.

But yeah, the Chibnall era is 90% failure, and that’s not good.

Might it be time to rest the show again?

1 Like

Part of me wonders if, during the experiments in The Timeless Children, the timeless child wasn’t literally cut in half (or otherwise split somehow) and regenerated as two entities, the Doctor and the Master. This wouldn’t be out of line with the Master’s obsession with, and hatred of, the Doctor. I know it’s way out there, but they are so yin-and-yang that I think their connection goes deeper than what has been revealed to date.

1 Like

The Timeless Child never happened. As far as I’m concerned it was non-canonical bad fanfiction that someone uploaded to YouTube which Chibnall spliced into the show out of spite.

2 Likes

The Matrix has been hacked by The Master before, so hopefully the Timeless Child thing can be quietly Valeyarded.

Chibnall just… did bad, the worst excess of 90’s Who given form 30 years later, like a New Adventures story written by a fool,

1 Like

I sadly have to agree. And he left the universe in such a mess at the end of Flux that RTD is going to have his hands full. A damn shame, since I believe RTD is the one who went to bat for Chibnall in the first place.

The Master: Look at this Matrix recording to see the truth!
The Doctor: The matrix that has already been hacked to show lies several times before?
The Master: CURSE YOUR GENIUS DOCTOR OF COURSE IT’S NOT TRUE! BUT YOU WERE WORRIED!
The Doctor: Not really…

Sorted.

1 Like

In a way, it’s going to be. Jodie’s last episode will air in the Fall for the BBC centenary. RTD is writing the 60th anniversary special in November of 2023 (with a rumored reappearance of Tennant) And then Ncuti’s premiere is sometime in (likely late) 2024.

1 Like

I’d like a bit of a longer “break”, let’s think more Michael Grade than RTD ;D

He didn’t even do that, he had people say that stuff had happened, but it never mattered and was immediately undone.

“Oh! Everyone in the universe is dead and all the daleks go blown up, it’s just earth now!”
(next episode) “Hey! It’s the Daleks, and the UNIVERSE IS BACK! There is no reason to explain this”

2 Likes

This is good, we need more Black people in the healthcare industry.

12 Likes

But I’d say we need more than 14 doctors.

4 Likes

this is the type of comment I hope not to see on here :(. CIS always sounds like an insult.
For example, any time I see this, I want to comment ‘I love being a NORMAL STRAIGHT WHITE MALE’… sounds rather insulting, right?

that being said, I have a question for non woke who-vians. Was it ever specifically stated that the doc couldn’t generate into a woman? or that he wasn’t able too?

It’s pure hubris that it took this long to get a non male doc if the first part is true. and even more so that the show had to go ‘woke’ and practically breaking the entire mythology of 50 years to support ONE temporary doctor. as if the writers thought she couldn’t stand on her own with good stories, they had to put her in the woke category and make viewers hate her.

There should be more than 14 Black doctors in the healthcare industry, I agree wholeheartedly.

6 Likes