Anime - We-all-aboos

I got some good news for you, sir…

And Orange is great. I love their work on Beastars, definitely one of the stronger series that does 3D animation for TV.
(warning, violence and some blood)

2 Likes

Fun thing with Nadesico is that it took over the timeslot on Japanese television from Evangelion.

Heck of a tonal shift from get in robot Shinji to Akito’s “I’m a cook not a pilot”.

2 Likes

If Spy x Family had a live action adaptation made in the 1960s, I could easily imagine Kon “Cornjob” Omura being cast as Frankie.

2 Likes

Do I like anime…?

Yeah, I think I do…

4 Likes

I’ll call and raise. :crazy_face:

But it’s not a competition.

Anyway, Sailor Moon rules.

5 Likes

That’s a great collection

2 Likes

Thanks! At the risk of sounding like I’m bragging (which I guess I am, a little bit), I have a HUGE collection of stuff, focused mostly on Slayers and Sailor Moon.

That picture isn’t even close to a third of it…. I’ll post more if ppl actually want, but Like I said, I don’t actually want to turn it into a competition. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love to see more. I have a modest collection of stuff myself which I’d post pictures of if my room wasn’t inexcusably dusty

3 Likes

Seconded, show us more cool anime toys & paraphernalia, *please!

2 Likes

Yes, finally, someone who will appreciate my poster!

I love it so.

6 Likes

Okay! I’m glad to share as I normally don’t share this sort of stuff with “normal” people, so it feels nice to let others appreciate it!

I’ll post more later!

Me too! It’s gorgeous! I personally don’t collect posters, but that one is amazing!

4 Likes

Okay. So this one actually had a story behind it. Like, the figs were actually acting out a scene, but as I got more figs, the scene got more and more bonkers so now it just looks like chaos. So I’ll just turn it into a scavenger hunt and urge you to find the hidden RiffTrax character!

(Also, feel free to tag yourself. Personally, I’m derpy Minako in the upper right corner.)

3 Likes

Is it the background character right of center wearing a fedora and body armor, holding a gun?

2 Likes

Geeze. That was fast. Well spotted!

Now, can you find He-Man? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Despite having almost no experience with RiffTrax (shame on me!), I’ve seen enough bits of Sailor Moon over the years to notice that he didn’t fit in with the rest. And he wasn’t Deadpool.

Just the head in the background, left of center?

2 Likes

Oh, wait! No! Correction! You are very close, but THAT character is not RiffTrax. (That guy is Hol Horse from Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure).

Your’re literally in spitting distance, though.

1 Like

That one you nailed first try, though.

1 Like

No idea, then, unless it’s that oddly shaped figure immediately next to him on the right.

1 Like

That’s the one!

(Bonus points to anyone who can figure out who it is!)

1 Like

No takers, huh? It’s that good ‘ol. Harbinger of chaos, The Ice Cream Bunny.

3 Likes