Another MSTie's Treasure - The Positive MST3K Review Blog

Since this isn’t an arts and crafts project, I really don’t think it belongs there. This is a bit of a self plug, but it’s also a community based project that I think a lot of people here will have fun with.

I’m sure that everyone here has an obscure favorite episode of MST3K. One that you love to bits, but never seems to get the attention. That’s why I wanted to share this project, a positive review blog for every episode of MST3K. The plan is for several people to contribute and to write reviews for episodes they love. And in particular, I want to see reviews for the episodes that often don’t get the love they deserve. Of course, everyone knows Manos, Space Mutiny, Mitchell, and so on. And they’ll be getting some attention too. However, it will also shed light on those oddball lesser known episodes, like Angels Revenge or Indestructible Man. Or season 1 gems like The Crawling Eye or Robot Holocaust. So, feel free to check it out and maybe write a review for it. The only rules are that you write about an episode you love, you keep your writing mostly neat, and credit yourself under your review. Have fun!

Link to the document:

Oh, and if you want to call a specific episode before anyone else does it, now would be the time. You could also just use this to discuss what obscure episodes you really like. If the mods feel that this should be moved to the arts and crafts section, then feel free to do so.

6 Likes

I love this idea and I love writing reviews. Will be coming back to contribute soon!

Also, LOVE THE FORMAT!

3 Likes

Cool idea. Seems odd to me to use a google doc over, IDK, a blog/WP/Wiki approach that would be easily visible on the web.

1 Like

A Google doc is much easier to manage and doesn’t require any hosting, or having to have a way to stop bots from posting unwanted links.

It seems pretty reasonable to me for this to be the “start” of the project, then maybe those who enjoy hosting a site and understand the ins and outs to volunteer to make this hosted online.

2 Likes

Fair 'nuff!

1 Like

But I do thing a site hosted with this online would be a better end result.

I’m happy to lend a hand where I can. @JadenRH if you ever wanted to host this as a site. I’m a Software Developer

1 Like

A Google Doc was just the easiest thing I could use to make it. In the future, I’ll probably make it into a website or blog.

And I’ll definitely be contacting @Humbledstone when I get to that point!

3 Likes

Oh, and again. Now would be the time to call specific episodes you want to review. I already have two people who want to review Project Moon Base and Catalina Caper. So, those are taken right now. But pretty much everything else is still open. You can call multiple episodes too if you want, but no more than five per person. Although I imagine it would be a lot of work to do five reviews. So, anywhere from one to three is probably good.

I can’t wait to see how everyone contributes!

3 Likes

Alright, hopefully this can get some more activity going here.

First, I’ve decided to make a Google Site for the project. I figured that this would look much nicer than a Google Doc. And website building is something I already have experience with. So, it didn’t take me long to get it set up. I might transfer it over to a different domain in the future, but I think this will work for now.

Second, I have set up a calling list. That way, people can easily call certain episodes to review, without having to clog up this thread. Here’s the link again for the doc.

I also wrote an introductory review for the pilot episode, The Green Slime. Now hopefully, we can get some more activity going here. I don’t want this project to be dead on arrival.

Like actually, please help me with this. I don’t want to write over 200 reviews for this.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m not sure if maybe I made things too confusing or what. However, I’m a little bit disheartened by the lack of response to this. And even less of a want to collaborate on this. I’m honestly considering throwing in the towel. This project might have too big of a scope. If you have any feedback for me on how to make this better or if anyone still wants to help out, now’s your chance I guess.

I would say, just give it time, because ultimately it will take time. Right now a lot of people are busy with work and the holidays coming around the corner. My wife is about to give birth any day now, so I don’t have much time to put into this yet.

6 Likes

Oh, this could be fun! One question for clarification: are you looking for positive reviews of the movie, or of the episode as a whole?

1 Like

Makes sense. Sorry for being impatient about this. I’ll keep it up and let people take their time with this.

2 Likes

The episode as a whole. I’m pretty sure it would be impossible to find people who actually like some of the movies featured on that show haha.

1 Like

It’s okay, I get passionate about things and find it comes with impatience too. You put your idea out there and was hoping for a bigger response, that’s not a bad thing.

2 Likes

I guess so. I trust that eventually, people will find the time to help out with his. It just takes patience, that’s all.

3 Likes

I’d love to get my mitts on Secret Agent Super-Dragon if no one else wants it.

(Not sure if Google is saving my request or not. I don’t understand internets.)

4 Likes

I wouldn’t sweat it; it’s just a fad.

4 Likes

That one’s all your’s. I set up a page to write on. Just be sure to credit yourself under your review.

3 Likes

Say, did YOU like listening to The Becks, too? :wink:

2 Likes