Any authors/aspiring authors?

RP writing counts as writing.

4 Likes

Yeah. Well, if they’re going to use some Fisher-Price IDE, power to them, I guess.

Darn them. Darn them all to heck. They finally did it! They took the vim out … never mind, just got a little excited there.

No, I haven’t heard that one, but, yeah, don’t do that again please! :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol! I want a whole book of these. With the illustrations.

4 Likes

It was a pretty dark story, truth be told - he tries to take over a nuclear power plant during a tour, raising a cloud of dust and debris the whole time (he’s made up of dust bunnies) until a few very strong and well placed sneezes end up blowing him apart.

3 Likes

Then I’m one of the most prolific writers of all time. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey thank you! That’s a really lovely sentiment! I wish you the very best of happiness and luck too.

4 Likes

Yeah I am mentally prepped for it, because I’ve been on that merry-go-round too: my favourite experience was getting an acceptance from a place that then went bust. It was a good story too!

I am too old and weak to do proper self-publishing. I’ll probably just open source what I have if I can’t get any dead tree publishers interested and try again. What’s the definition of madness, doing the same thing and hoping for different results? :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey that reminds me: if you want a complete stranger to give you honest feedback, I’d be up for some sort of trade.

If this place isn’t ground zero for shared culture where is, frankly?!

3 Likes

I might take you up on that, except I have to get the manuscript through post-publication review after I finish it (which I still haven’t done).

Sometimes working indirectly for the government is not all it’s cracked up to be…

4 Likes

If I can get some other parts of my life together in time, I’d like to do NaNoWriMo again this year. It’s been a while since I’ve done it, probably longer than I think. It’s a good way to get a book down quickly if one sticks to it.

3 Likes

I did the majority of my current novel during NaNoWriMo, but now I’m finishing up sections that need it (mainly having trouble with the climactic fight scene) and tightening up other sections. Not sure that’d lend itself well to participating in NaNoWriMo.

4 Likes

Sure! I am still like 10k words from finishing too so no hurry at all

3 Likes

Yah, for me NaNoWriMo is more suited to getting down a first draft, not editing/tightening an existing work. It’s all about turning off the inner critic and getting stuff down. You sound like you’re at the stage where the critic needs to be on.

2 Likes

I’ve written quite a few short stories. But I don’t think I have all the tools to be a novelist. I’m good at interesting premises… characters… and dialogue. Not so much with plots that would carry a story more than a few pages. Oh well.

3 Likes

I’m a fellow Scottish creator. I write and draw independent comics and cartoon strips of various themes for over a decade now.

I’m currently inking issue 1 (of 3) for my first longer form story. If anyone is interested, my older portfolio can be found here. It’s a bit out of date but I’ll hopefully update it in the not to distant future once I’m further along with these pages.

3 Likes

This sounds great!

3 Likes

I absolutely love your run on Ghostbusters! The amount of detail you pulled from each incarnation, as well as being able to handle the differences in the characters between the movies, RGB, EGB, and the game, well done!

Not to take away from your other books, which I also enjoyed quite a bit. I just had to single out how impressed I was through the whole run. And thank you for making Kylie a much bigger character.

5 Likes

I write fiction. Currently on the 2nd edit of my 2nd novel. What genre? That depends: is ‘dramedy’ a word? I have a flair for making people laugh and cry with the same piece.

Keep on that novel, Brina! And keep us posted.

5 Likes

@abskani Hey, thanks!

3 Likes

Great! Nice to hear from another creative Scot!

Thanks so much for sharing your work - I had a look and it’s all a lot of fun and I enjoyed having a read!

3 Likes