Any fans of Tabletop RPGs?

Curious about the crossover between MST3K fans and fans of Tabletop RPGs.
Myself, I’m a huge fan of the Savage Worlds RPG system, which is a generic pulp system that can run anything from High Fantasy to Indiana Jones Adventure, to treks into the final frontier.
Also played a fair bit of D&D. Cut my teeth on Mutants & Masterminds and Little Fears. I’ve run some Fate. I’m the forever DM/GM.

6 Likes

Been playing RPGs since the late 70s. Big fan of D&D, GURPs, Paranoia, World of Darkness, Marvel Super Heroes. Have played a lot of other games too.

Been more into board games in recent years, but I started a GURPS Steampunk game that I’ve got to get everyone together to continue.

5 Likes

Been playing D&D since 1978. Or should say, I started playing in 1978. Haven’t been doing much lately. I switched to Pathfinder when D&D 4th ed. came out but still like the first 3 editions and still have a huge collection of books, modules, etc. I created the online index to Dragon Magazine, in fact.

7 Likes

I play on and off. I was in a group that played various games on Roll20 and Discord for a lot of the pandemic, but the GM got a new job and we couldn’t do it anymore. I found another group, but one of the members annoyed me so much I had to quit. Now I don’t game, but I’m ok with that for now.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to play Tabletop RPGs. I just don’t know how, and I don’t know anyone who does.

3 Likes

I play D&D every other Tuesday. I’ve been rolling since the late 90s…

4 Likes

We should get a play-by-post game going in here.

5 Likes

I play d&d, Pathfinder, and Starfinder regularly and played several other systems. Started playing about 6 years ago and have been extremely lucky to find multiple active local RPG groups and to have a lot of friends and my wife get involved as well. Played in a remote Pathfinder game during lockdown and named my character Crow Trobot. His motto was " I want to decide who lives and who dies!" Sadly, no one got it

4 Likes

I haven’t personally GM’d in ages, but I do write for The Fantasy Trip RPG.

3 Likes

Pathfinder! My friend used to play Artifact yearsss ago so he had more rpg experience and started GMing a Pathfinder campaign for a bunch of us newbies. Now I’m in two different games. We’ve talked about branching out and doing some Stardinder or Star Wars trrpg but it’s always a struggle to get everyone together regularly to play PF, we unfortunately don’t have the time to try a new game without abandoning our current campaign :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anybody ever played the Marvel ttrpg? I just played in a one shot this weekend and it wasn’t my favorite….not enough rules for me hahaha

2 Likes

A lot of today’s “board games” are every bit as complicated as any RPG. Check this one out, for example. It looks hideously complicated, but also so beautiful I almost want to back it just so I can unbox it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moaideas/jiangnan-life-of-gentry-re/

1 Like

I guess i’m a strange duck. Never gotten into playing Tabletop or RPG, Board gaming a bit more but I own a decent number of books. Started with Palladium just to get more reading material for Robotech and TMNT, and just kind of continued from there.

I have a bunch of Warhammer 40K Codexs and a copy of the old rogue trader, yet never bothered to actually ever play a single game.

Don’t fall down that rabbit hole my friend, I’ve backed a number of games on Kickstarter and even jumped on a late backer pledge for the Street Fighter Miniature game based on that. Only played a few of them so far.

1 Like

Which one? The old FASERIP one?

1 Like

Yeah that’s the one

2 Likes

A discord group for anyone interested!

3 Likes

I’m literally working on designing Rifts for Savage Worlds sheets right now.

2 Likes

I got into RPGs with AD&D 2nd edition, with the Planescape setting being a particular favorite. Over the years, I’ve also bought Changeling: The Dreaming, Deadlands Classic (which admittedly hasn’t aged well), Dark*Matter, the Buffy/ Angel RPGs from Eden Studios, and most notably in recent years Mutants & Masterminds. I also started a thread on my most recent purchase. I mean, just look at this cover!

2 Likes

Is that a were-car and a Muppet?

1 Like

The former? That’s an Auton, car-shaped robots. The latter? YES. And that’s just the tip of the delightfully bonkers iceberg.

2 Likes