Any fans of World of Darkness?

Any fans of the World of Darkness tabletop RPG franchise?

1. Vampire: The Masquerade
  2. Werewolf: The Apocalypse
  3. Mage: The Ascension
  4. Wraith: The Oblivion
  5. Changeling: The Dreaming
  6. Kindred of the East
  7. Hunter: The Reckoning
  8. Mummy: The Resurrection
  9. Demon: The Fallen
  10. Orpheus
1 Like

Yes, although it’s been literally decades since I actually played anything (unlees you count watching my husband play Bloodlines over his shoulder). I was in a LARP in the mid 90s that was nominally VtM but also allowed Wraiths and Werewolf, Mage, and Changeling characters of certain tribes/traditions/kiths. That was probably the time I was most involved, although I later went to university with that Storyteller and he ran a few tabletop games of Mage and Changeling iirc. My main character from the LARP kinda wound up with “long campaign anything-goes” disease - having all kinds of Disciplines she really shouldn’t due to Wacky Shenanigans™, stuff like that.

1 Like

Pretty much met my wife at a Vampire game in college. So I guess that makes me a fan. Haven’t done anything White Wolf since the early aughts, though.

1 Like

Something like 25 years ago, my friend ran an epic Mage game involving about 15 people (although they came in and out, but there was definitely about 15 during at least one session) and a huge story, which unfortunately had a terrible ending, but it was still a good time.

I also remember another friend’s criticism of Wraith when it came out: “You’re a ghost. You’re trapped in a room. Every 100 years someone comes in. You say, “boo.” They run away.”

1 Like

Definitely here! My gaming group and I have been playing Hunter: the Vigil in various settings for many years now. I’m currently running a game set in 1919 New Orleans. In my opinion, Hunter is the best of the set, despite being under-appreciated by many fans.

1 Like

I loved Changeling: The Dreaming, especially the early years with the gorgeous full color artwork.

I tried getting into Mage and Werewolf, but the former was a bit too high concept for me, and the latter was a bit on the depressing side for a game about magic using shapeshifting superheroes.

Of course, White Wolf used their Storyteller system for the officially licensed Street Fighter: The Roleplaying Game. If EVER there was an MST3K for RPGs, that would be on the top of my list.

2 Likes