Anybody else have trouble viewing their own profile?

This is weird…and it seems to be both on a browser at home as well as on the mobile version.

I go to look at my “Activity” sometimes to see if I forgot to self-censor any doubly or trebly untoward posts from forgotten recent memory…nothing appears!

UBlock and Adblock both disabled for this site, of course…

Checking now again at home on NORMAL VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…i.e., Firefox, The Edge, and The Brave…same behavior. No, I’m not trying Chrome…that is quite enough of that chatter! I may give Lynx a shot, though.

Weird, huh? Just started misbehaving…I dunno…like a week ago, maybe a bit less?

For the fascinating proof, here’s a little screenshot from just now. And, no, scrolling down yields nothing.

1 Like

Yes, seeing much the same since yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

Well, that’s something.

I did see just now (pretty much at random…I don’t even know how I got there!) about 4 days ago a bit of back-and-forth in “Completely Random Thoughts” with similar issue.

Identical symptoms, except the “trick” of viewing someone else’s profile and then trying one’s own doesn’t work for me. I did try it just now on just a handful of other msties and I couldn’t see anything at all…not that I’m much of a stalker, but just random checking.

No, nothing! Firefox, Brave, Edge, mobile “app” on a Samsung phone, wait…Lynx…oh…well, Lynx at the terminal is not really liking anything about the Discourse-based forum. I did try to navigate with Lynx this site, though! Was worth a shot, sort of.

OK, I launched Chrome. Same thing. And Vivaldi. No dice.

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

I can see my profile and most other people’s profiles without issue (Firefox 121.0.1). However, the profile pages for both @jimmy_two_times and @klcorridon show empty screens similar to your screenshot. The small profiles from clicking on your icons also have no text beyond your user names. Looks like this is a server side issue.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Most profiles are ok. Some are blank.

3 Likes

I’m using Chrome and can see everyone’s profile. (I’m clicking names in this thread, are you using a different method to view profiles?)

The only thing I can think of is that this is tied to the recent software update (that we have no control over, this was a Discourse update, not something specific to this group) but I have no idea what or how to fix it.

1 Like

Safari on iOS and iPad OS.

1 Like

I’m using Chrome on a laptop and I can see my profile.

That’s what’s happening for me as well. Firefox + Old Mac.

Have only tried on my iPhone/Safari…

I can’t see my profile, or klcorridon, or jimmy_two_times?

Will try laptop browsers tomorrow.

Add jolomoto the list…
MichaelRobertson as well???
DrWho42 Too.
ArtCrow as well???

Huh, same here. I can see mine and some others (like CLANG and LadyShelley) but not the three you mention.

2 Likes

A conspiracy I say!

1 Like

And yet I can see klcorridon, and jimmy_two_times. I haven’t found any profiles yet that I can’t see.

Just weird.

1 Like

I’m on my laptop today and the problem persists. I checked my browser console and we have an error!

Uncaught ReferenceError: Ember is not defined

We have a missing dependency, folks. Somebody done forgot to include Ember in the code. Hopefully Discourse spots this and patches it up.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s because you’re a Mod?

1 Like

No other mods seem to be having the same problem.

1 Like

My mod had does not seem to protect me. Maybe I’m wearing it backwards?

2 Likes

That’s today’s Wordle solution! The plot thickens!

3 Likes

2 Likes