Anybody else have trouble viewing their own profile?

I guess we’re Men of Mystery.

1 Like

Use two mirrors

1 Like

I’m just like @timryder !

Cool!

(Not really, he’s much cooler and the camera lens doesn’t crack when pointed at him…)!

1 Like

This is a great day for me. Perhaps one of the greatest.

I’ve never been more proud, nor proudest of all the MSTies who suffer from this great affliction.

1 Like

What the real PITA is is that my healthy ignore list is no longer in effect.

F it, I’m calling Discourse support and get some answers.

Oh now that’s a new behavior. Ignore and mute lists aren’t working either?

Can anyone else confirm this (no need to tell us who would be on your lists. :wink: )

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty wild, really.

My ignores and mutes are still working. I see plenty of “1 hidden message” in various threads.

However I no longer see a way to manage my list.

2 Likes

I can see my Ignore and Mute lists if I take the roundabout route to my profile. I haven’t seen any notifications for a long time, but I don’t think those accounts have been active for a long time, either.

2 Likes

thanks for the info, guys. Not sure there’s much we can do about it, but every little bit helps.

3 Likes

I’ve got time on my hands, and following @NotTVsFrank’s console poking, it isolates the error to this location: theme-field-64-common-html-script-1.js:104

And when I dig in there, I see:

[blah blah blah, goofy robot language, blah blah… SOCIAL LINK VALUE]

So my hypothesis is that anyone affected has something set in their social media that other people do not. Perhaps it is having any social media link set at all, as I haven’t seen any in the few working profiles I have looked at.

So, how to test this… HEY MODS!

If you have the power to edit profiles, I grant you permission to delete any social media thingie things I may have and see if that fixes me.

If not… the only way I can think to test this is for someone with a working profile to add social media links and see if that brings the error. Right now that is a one-way street so YOU ARE WARNED ABOUT POTENTIAL ABSOLUTE DAMAGE.

Or… I dunno, register a new test account. Perhaps the mods already have one they can use for such purposes (I imagine there’s value in being able to see the site as a regular user sees it).

2 Likes

Also this seems relevant: Preparing for Discourse's upgrade to Ember 5 - announcements - Discourse Meta

1 Like

Yes, I’m reading that exact update from Discourse. I’ve got to pursue our various resources and make sure it’s up to date with regards to Ember. Thanks for the reminder. Real life is very intrusive.

2 Likes

I tested this out by removing my FB link and it appears that this solved the issue. I can see my profile summary without any workarounds. This might indeed be the solution.

2 Likes

To be a pedantic jerk, it’s a workaround, not a solution.

So what’s the secret trick of being able to get into your own profile?

2 Likes

For me: Go to an unaffected profile, then use the pulldown menu to access your summary.

2 Likes

Yes. The solution is to completely abolish social media. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, don’t that beat all!

No, I didn’t have any links to social things, just joke answers for FB/“insta” or whatever.

Huh.

Weird.

All right, I definitely take back some of those things I said about msties…some of them pretty smart. Or maybe crafty. Or something. A good thing, though.

2 Likes

I feel like I missed or am forgetting something… (Covid Brain Fog?) I can’t do anything with my profile since this started… Help me Crowbiwon…

1 Like

Nevermind, should have kept reading the new posts…

1 Like