Anyone Else Ever See...

I hope this can be a forum for weird, random, unexpected, and unheard of cinematic… Things? Both movies and television. To kick things off and provide an example, anyone else ever see…

The Wizard of Speed and Time

Or…

Viper

13 Likes

I have. Saw the former in a theatre compilation, and the latter I don’t remember where. My mind is shielding me for my own good.

Has anyone else seen The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire ?

I keep waiting for a Blu-ray remaster or streaming release, as the only time I saw it was when it originally aired. I’m guessing it would make a good MST3K episode at this point.

4 Likes

I feel like if I saw this again now, I’d either doze off halfway through or just die of secondhand embarrassment. OTOH, great Halloween costume idea… if only I could sew well.

6 Likes

Deep respect! :pray: I found The Wizard on VHS at my local rental place when I was a kid. Had no idea what I was watching, but loved it. Not seen that, but adding to my list now. :rofl:

4 Likes

I just saw Hero At Large in the last year. It wasn’t good, but it wasn’t Pumaman bad.

5 Likes

A great TV show starring David Rappaport came out back in the day. Anyone else ever see The Wizard?

3 Likes

Yes, I watched that too. Also saw The Magician series, with Bill Bixby, which has popped up in an MST3K riff or two.

I bought the series on DVD a while back to see if it had held up. It has not.

3 Likes

Bryan Fuller’s debut series and an absolute joy.

4 Likes

Another terrific show from around the same time-

3 Likes

I really enjoyed Wonderfalls. I also had a soft spot for Joan Of Arcadia, sucks that it didn’t get a third season to pay off the season two setup.

Also, bonus, the Wonderfalls theme is by Andy Partridge from XTC.

3 Likes

That was sooo good!

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Super random Disney movie?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well if we’re going there-

5 Likes

This seems like an appropriate place to drop the very first movie I ever personally riffed, as a teenager that didn’t know MST3K existed yet.

2 Likes

When TekWar was just way too mainstream.

4 Likes

Disappointing but an interesting failure…

4 Likes

Well this got weird fast :rofl: In a good way of course. My nomination is more picking the greatest hits as a bands favourite album, but got into Reel Wild Cinema recently. Not quite in the same category as the previous ones but not fit for family viewing either :relaxed:

3 Likes

One of my favorite movies reccomended to me by a fellow cinephile…

4 Likes