Anyone Else Ever See...

Apparently Guillermo del Toro remade this film, which I have not seen, but the original is on YouTube and it is incredible.

3 Likes

One more from a more classic era-

Zero Mostel and Burgess Meredith in Waiting for Godot.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of Wild Palms. This came out during the heyday of experimental network TV, with fare like Twin Peaks, Max Headroom, and offbeat sitcoms like Sledge Hammer and The Charmings.

And if we’re going for obscure and naughty, I’ve never met anyone else who saw the failed pilot Windows, Doors, & Keyholes.

About all I remember from it was a couple abducted by aliens who reproduced by playing pattycake, and the wife was taken into another room to mate with an alien with huge hands. Every time the on-camera husband went to speak, there was another vigorous round of pattycake heard off-camera. I’d like to see this one more time just to be certain I didn’t hallucinate the whole thing.

2 Likes

I have the DVD somewhere - my favourite scene is… but of course!

2 Likes

He had all the time in the world…

2 Likes

Believe me, we discussed Things at some length on another thread, when RiffTrax gave it the treatment it deserved.

2 Likes

I bow to thee sir! :rofl::metal:

1 Like

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

3 Likes

I would also like to add a movie that had way more talent than budget or story…

3 Likes

Funny movie and very unusual.

3 Likes

BTW, if your recommendation is on a streaming service, please let us know!

4 Likes

I’ve seen Wizard of Speed and Time, and was around when the Magician aired, I adored Wonderfalls, and of course I’ve seen both Nightmare Alley’s.

According to my film diary I have seen Slipstream, but I have no memory of it.

I kind of liked (and own) Hero at Large, and I haven’t died of embarrassment yet. :wink: though I might die of embarrassment if I mentioned, maybe, seeing Emmanuelle in Space on skinemax, but since I don’t want to die, I wont admit to this.

I own the disc, so I have, but have you ever seen…

3 Likes

Honestly the first time I fell in cinephile love with Ron Perlman. Dude just rocks. On prime ATM.

City_of_lost_children_french_movie_poster

7 Likes

MARC CARO AND JEAN-PIERRE JEUNET ARE MAGICIANS

I liked The City of Lost Children, but I looooooooooooooooooved Delicatessen.

3 Likes

Also, only kind of joking unless you weren’t on _torrent back in the day…

6 Likes

Nothing is a very good film, and was made by the same people behind the also excellent Cube. Significant actor overlap between the two as well.

4 Likes

That 2003-era website is something!

The thinking man’s Knightrider.

Yes! David Rappaport was great.

I think I fell asleep the first time I saw it, though it’s kind of the epitome of “not bad”. I feel like there were higher expectations from the comedy legend who played “Jack Tripper”.

Yeahhhh…sometimes you gotta leave things in the misty, rose-colored past…

I was pretty much done with TV by that time but I remember seeing an episode and liking it.

The '70s: Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot and Noah’s Ark.

Concepts!

Aesthetics over those 20 years (Emmanuelle, 1973; Emmanuelle in Space, 1994) sure changed. But the cheesiness of plots did not!

Is it wrong to be disappointed in the quality of this movie? Because it’s not very good.

One of the last films helmed by Israeli director Boaz Davidson (now a busy producer) who is probably best known in America for the teen-sex-comedy The Last American Virgin and the Dom Deluise/Jimmy Walker vehicle Going Bananas. This latter film has to be noteworthy for being a Deluise/Walker vehicle in 1987, long past both celebrities’ sell-by date, and also for being one of the last “major” films to feature a guy in a monkey suit as its primary effect. (That guy, Deep Roy, is probably best known as all the oompah-loompahs in Burton’s Wonka.)

Well, the kids are going to find out about TekWar sometime.

This featured racy movies but it was basic cable, was it not? So nothing too racy?

No, literally no one, per the ratings. “Let’s make Gilligan’s Island, but post-apocalyptic” ignores the fact that “Gilligan’s Island” was post-apocalyptic.

1 Like

One of the few IP’s that had halfway decent sequels. :+1:

1 Like

Superb film. Perlman is also great in The Last Supper.

2 Likes

La Cité des Enfants perdus is one of my all-time favourites, but it has to be the subbed version, not the dubbed. Some of the French actors’ voices are wonderful, especially when Krank is insulting Irvin.

3 Likes