Anyone else met Producer Harold Buccholz?

I didn’t see his name mentioned, but I saw him at C2E2 this past Sunday at a cartoonists booth.

How did I recognize him? Well, he had a stack of Mystery Science Theater 3000 BLU-Rays, the collected comics set, an Eegah script-to-page item, and he was wearing a MST3K live hat.

I don’t think he believed me when I said I’d return after talking to him for just a few minutes, but return I did, and we chatted about the show.

He did mention that he worked on several episodes for The Return, and said apparently, the behind-the-scenes riffing regarding “the enema ball” in The Christmas that Almost Wasn’t went places that sent Joel and a few other people on the floor with laughter.

He also acknowledged that the first episodes of that season seemed really rapid-fire with the riffs as well, and because of the conversation, I made a purchase of the collected MST comics collection (my local comic store only got up to issue 2 and then no more!).

Also mentioned to him how MST3K helped drive me to my current state with Village of the Giants triggering my need to know more at such a young age. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, looks like via IMDB, he’s credited for the lyrics for “The Perico March.”

11 Likes

I would like to meet him. I love comics and MST3K, so he seems like someone I would enjoy talking to.

4 Likes