Anyone interested in doing a rewatch with me?

Can’t promise I’ll always be able to as work gets in the way but I’ll try to chip in. I know there is a website with most if not all the eps I have to look for it.

2 Likes

I’d only be able to pop in sporadically, due to work and such, but it sounds like this is gonna be a fairly casual discussion group, so it sounds fun!image

3 Likes

Ditto, and finding eps might be a bit rough, but I’d love to go back through the mists of time…

2 Likes

That’s not a bad point: there’ve been various recuts and all that on various releases. I haven’t made a spreadsheet on exactly which versions I’m using, since having ripped everything to digital.

I don’t make spreadsheets for anything outside of work. Hmmm. mmmm. Dynamo hybrid No-SQL …no! Not going to do it! But I suspect there are a number of nurds in this community, and if I apply the right amount of pressure…mmmmmm…grrrrrrrrrr…It just might work!

Well, there aren’t that many drastic changes/cuts at least in MST3K KTMA–> S10. Not that I know about, and I’ve never bothered to see if I can upgrade “with proof of purchase” and all that.

1 Like

If you can find that website, I’ll use that instead of YouTube for us :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m getting moist with anticipatory sweat!

Bring it on!

My forehead is becoming moist!

I demand it!

Behind my ears, also moist!

IMHO that’s the right physiological response!

Also, did you buy some crackers? We don’t have any crackers.

3 Likes

“Rye crisps, Sociables, anything?!”

4 Likes

Club-MST3K.com has a list of episodes in order with links, most of the original run being on YouTube. Almost all of the original run episodes are on either Tubi or YouTube. Godzilla would be a notable exception. Netflix episodes are Netflix episodes.

3 Likes

Don’t know if I could participate, but… a firm “Maybe” ?

I’d politely suggest an early episode, maybe a “1” or even “0.” Because, yeah. They’re still viewable through The Club, at least for now and it’s precisely because a) they’ve got the riffs more spaced out and b) they’re less chewed over by the fandom in general that they’d be really fun to talk about.

But that’s not cast in iron, of course.

[ETA…]

@jimmy_two_times
I can’t promise not foul language, but I’ll do my best to be PG-13 (?) or below. Not a problem. Could be some leaky valves as the hamburger sandwiches start flowing, but I will try…

Hope I’m not jinxing everything, but I think if we all just informally agree to talk to each other on a re-watch like we do here, right now, it should be fine. Same principle if we’re adding our own riffs, doing “live” comments about it on a designated thread, etc.

1 Like

Yes. This. And each episode has its own page with a comments section and people’s favorite riffs. I love going through the series starting with season 0, watching every ep in order, and then going through the comments on each one. There are some real gems in there, and some interesting discussions. It’s been a lot of fun over the years.

2 Likes

Bring a shovel to handle the recent unwanted onslaught of advertisers’ luncheon meat, though. [sigh]

1 Like

That would be kind of fun to watch in order of when they were shot/filmed, as opposed to air-dates.

Nah, that’s too complicated for me to figure out, but you know, other kids and stuff might be able to geek out on that.

I am almost 100% sure all the episodes are available (the original show) somewhere online via legitimate “channels,” but I haven’t checked. Except that one odd KTMA one, that I think is perma-gone.

Oh. But I like that meat product! I so rarely feel like indulging in it!

Big box of crackers, some ripe Roquefort, and canned ham!

Ham! I love it!

1 Like

Trouble is, you open the can and all you find in there is eyelash extensions (whatever those are), and shreds of somebody’s old kitchen remodeling plan. o_0

1 Like

Hmmm…I don’t think that was an actual can of Spam…did you find it in the Lounge or something? Maybe behind some drywall or plaster?

Don’t eat that, anyway!

Wholesame Spam, made in clean factories, the wholesome American way! That’s the kind one wants.

1 Like

I’m watching along! Truth be told, I’ve never seen the series in it’s entirety. Watching with you guys will keep me motivated! Are we doing one a day, or every few days, or…? I’ll be keeping an eye out for your posts on it!

Peek-A-Boo Halloween GIF

2 Likes

I’ve seen veeeeery little of the KTMA episodes, and this is an excuse to try again.

3 Likes

Sounds fun but probably over ambitious for me. If you announce what you’re watching ahead of time, and when you’re watching it I could dip in and out along the way.

1 Like

Both concerns I have as well: I will rewatch the episodes in order (or if the arrangement evolves, however it’s decided).

But I can’t promise to keep up within even a single day or two days.

However, even if some of us fall behind, it still is a good idea to have individual threads as references. They can amended, emended, rekindled, and all that, seems to me.

I always miss the livestreams as well for the simple reason that I can’t really keep to a schedule when at home, at least when it’s a time/date not baked into my brain (or “brain,” as some would have it).

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the first Group-Watch. I’ll post a new episode every week or so to let everyone have a chance to watch and post their comments.

4 Likes
2 Likes