App features

I’ve been enjoying all the episodes that have now been made available on VHX. It made me think it would be fun to to have a “Random” play feature. What would everyone else think about that sort of feature? What other features would you like to see on the upcoming app?

12 Likes

Yaaaaas! Very much this! That’s something I like about Tubi (although it doesn’t work so well if you just want MST3K/ RT/ CT.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would love for the all to have detailed information about their catalog of episodes. Both the MST3K episode, and the film they riff. It would also be nice to see other Mysties reviews that were submitted within the Gizmoplex. And maybe even a Mystie fun facts for each episode where Mysties can submit fun facts about the episode and keep the lore of the show alive.

7 Likes

I love this suggestion. Maybe something like an episode wiki? I’ve often found myself searching online for more info about the movies or actors.

4 Likes

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/daddyo/

3 Likes

I go here a lot while watching eps:

4 Likes

A few ideas:

• Include the same free, ad supported live stream that feeds Twitch, with a 24/7 chat feature. I don’t care much for live chat, but the kids love it. If you’re subscribed to the gizmoplex, the ads are removed.
  • A highlighted, free “episode of the week” with a discussion thread on these forums, either linked or embedded or both.
  • Different organization options, including sorting by season, by host, by fan voted “best episodes on The Gizmoplex,” a “random shuffle” option, staff picks (i.e. “Jonah’s favorites” or “Joel’s favorites”)
  • Behind the scenes footage or commentary footage
  • Archived Turkey Day streams
  • Archived promo materials
  • (For the web version) An arcade with silly MST3K themed mini games
17 Likes

It would be cool to have a jukebox that’s loaded up with MST3K songs from host segments.

11 Likes

I would hope these forums can somehow be incorporated into the Gizmoplex site. Probably not through an app, but at least through the web.

4 Likes

Bummer. I thought the title was APE Features and that the argument over Best Ape Movie was about to recommence. :banana:

8 Likes

I thought Pearl settled this for us.

5 Likes

[whisper] But she’s not here right now…[/whisper] :beer:

3 Likes

So many good ideas!

2 Likes