approved browsers?

I just tried to get into the beta for the first time, so far in Safari it’s a black screen with the word “BETA” in the upper right.

2 Likes

Chrome seems to be the preferred browser at this point.

2 Likes

I had the same experience. :smile: Chrome works perfectly.

I thought the Browser Wars ended in 2003?

4 Likes

That’s what Google wants you to think. While Internet Explorer slinked away into simply being a method to install other browsers,. Chrome and Firefox continued fighting. All the while khtml is sitting back laughing because the core rendering system it used is now baked into the DNA of Safari, Chrome, Edge and countless others(Firefox being the major exception.

3 Likes

Google brought 'em back. But hardly anyone seems to care this time, because while Chrome is a memory leaking pig (remember: you get promotions and bonuses at Google for launching new products, not fixing existing), it’s not a steaming turd like IE was. You’ve got the same monopoly power making it so everyone designs for Chrome with the attitude that if it works in other browsers, then that’s nice too, but design for Chrome quirks first.

6 Likes

theater.gizmoplex.com is built for Chrome, per Ivan. Works great on my iPad, but desktop version doesn’t support Airplay with MacOS. So I’m confused about that part.

3 Likes

I use Opera and don’t have any problems I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

I don’t know the right answer but I do know it’s not Netscape :pensive: .

4 Likes

I didn’t volunteer to do testing, but as a regular Firefox user I’m curious how that’s going for any testers using it.

Safari has never done much for me, so I avoid it whenever possible.

1 Like

I’ve not tried watching any videos on the website yet (I prefer watching via my AppleTV connected to the home theater system), but the UI on the website seems to work fine so far in Firefox. I would expect that the video would work though, because the player is the standard Vimeo player that works cross-browser. The main points of breakage I would expect is if they’re using any non-standard CSS that Chrome implements and Firefox doesn’t, but the Firefox team tries to keep parity and I think even recognize -webkit- prefixed elements and translate them. Maybe also could be some new JavaScript features that Chrome implements and Firefox doesn’t? Doubt there’s much of that though.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean KTMA?

4 Likes

Don’t you mean KTLA?

3 Likes

Opera has been a Chromium-based browser since they ditched Presto in 2013.
The original Opera developers then released Vivaldi, also Chromium-based, but with many of the features and flexibility of pre-2013 Opera.

3 Likes

Only when I’m wearing diapers in Las Vegas.

2 Likes

My understanding is that every browser on an Apple laptop is basically Safari under the hood (by Apple’s diktat).

And yet I just find Firefox more agreeable aesthetically, despite some of its truly obnoxious hiccups.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I just dislike (when I use a Mac) that if I have a non-superficial browser issue, there’s no escape.

1 Like

Firefox on my iMac did not like the Gizmoplex at all, any.

That took a sec to parse! LOL! I thought you were saying you didn’t like the Gizmoplex. Took a sec to realise you meant the computer had issues with the site.

It’s been a long day. :slight_smile:

Chrome is the only one that plays well with the Gplex for viewing content on my iMac. No Airplay support in the screening rooms or theater, though.