April 15th. The unofficial event, due to lack of official event. VOTE TO SELECT THIS FRIDAY'S SHOW!

As the title implies, and as you may be aware of if you caught the aftershow for robot wars, time is being designated to getting the show as good as it can be for the public launch, and means that there is no new show or event on the 15th of the month as expected. I raised the topic on another thread, but how about we organise a come together on the 15th to watch one of the monthly picks as a substitute? Can do a poll to pick one or everyone goes to the one of their choice, but we try to have a thread here with best bits, comments feedback etc.

What you think sirs? Also madams. Also others.:blush:

Edit. Said topic, meant thread :slightly_smiling_face:Edit again to include poll.

• City Limits
  • Warrior Of The Lost World
  • Time Chasers
  • Escape 2000
  • Space Mutiny
  • Parts - The Clonus Horror
  • Doesnt matter which movie, just turning up for the event.

0 voters

45 Likes

… Raisin Snail eating contest?

Seriously, @Deiseboi3k, I like your idea of a watchalong thread for one (or maybe even two) of these monthly picks.

20 Likes

Perhaps a poll of this month’s Vault Picks?

I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it right now… lots of… drama … here right now. But would definitely tune into this if I can.

12 Likes

For whatever it’s worth, @perfectfaceforradio, I hope that things get better on your side of the screen and that you’ll be able to join whatever it is we decide to do for the 15th.

20 Likes

It’s worth a lot, thanks @optiMSTie.

12 Likes

Heck I’d give anything to have company for a Parts rewatch. That one’s SO dreary.

17 Likes

Mmhmm. Dreary to the point of absurdity, of almost seeming like satire, like it’s an 80-car pileup of despair and misfortune.

Good thing we have Professor Darrin and Doctor Super Mario Brother on hand!

5 Likes

I suppose a weekender setup, for those unavailable at the exact time. Premieres usually happen for me at 1am due to the time zones, but still a discussion thread and watch along over that weekend keeps us in practice for the next event :rofl:

8 Likes

I think that sounds like a great idea!

10 Likes

Putting in another vote in favor! Sounds like fun!

6 Likes

I’m in! I don’t even care what we watch, I just love watching MST with MSTies.

15 Likes

Great Idea! Big question, how do we get White Dot to show?

My vote is for Time Chasers or Parts

6 Likes

Rumors are already circulating that White Dot will be unable to attend on 4/15. They will instead be hunkered down frantically organizing last year’s documentation and filling out an Extension Form with the IRS.

I sympathize, being a chronic procrastinator myself. We should send White Dot a Pick-Me-Up Bouquet and perhaps a delicious plate of veggie Nachos, too.

8 Likes

Pick Me Up bouquet AND veggie nachoes? Keeping things perfectly balanced and neutral I guess? :wink:

4 Likes

It’s possible that White Dot prefers the Nachos as a kicky centerpiece and the bouquet as a tasty snack. But ours is not to question the law of the universe, the law of the galaxy…

7 Likes

We will be utilising the unofficial White Dot, Grey Spot.

5 Likes

It’s my understanding that White Dot is always with us. Watching. Waiting.

9 Likes

Gray Dot

4 Likes

So, if this group reaches a consensus on what you’d LIKE to watch that night, I think I can slip the projectionist a $50 and run a livestream… which might also give us a chance to test a few more tweaks to see if they help with the A/V sync issues.

Let me know by Weds AM what you’d like to watch on Friday night, and I’ll do my best to make it happen. :slight_smile:

49 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Awesome stuff, @Ivan, thank you very very much!

Whattaya say, folks? Make your vote count in that poll at the top of this thread, and let’s have ourselves an MST3K night of it this Friday!

17 Likes