Are you a BAAAAAddddd Fan?

:slight_smile:
I have a confesion to make. I STILL have not gotten around to watching all of Season 11. Growler and others are still unknown to me. The Gauntlet is still sitting unwatched. But I HAVE managed to watch and enjoy all of Santo :). So I’m not totally neglecting things yet :).

I’ve also got about two RiffTrax Lives to finish…
ugh. Sometimes this is a hard show to schedule to watch. you need at least two hours. and if you stop, you have to remember where :).

just curious if I’m the only bad fan out there ;o). I really do love the show, but sometimes it’s hard to keep up the momentum when the shows are so long :).

11 Likes

I still have to watch KTMA-03, Star Force: Fugitive Alien II.

I really should get around to that at some point.

11 Likes

The Final Sacrifice for me. But unfortunately, the director pretty much hates us, so he’ll NEVER let us watch the episode ever again, meaning Rowsdower’s pretty much off-limits.

Little did he knew, that the full episode still exists into 2 parts on Dailymotion, so the jokes on him… for now.

7 Likes

I’m probably a bad fan because I don’t watch episodes many, many times like a lot of people on here have. I doubt I’ve seen any episode more than maybe 3 times, and many of them I haven’t seen at all.

I find my enjoyment of any entertainment… no matter how good it is… declines the more I expose myself to it. I prefer to watch the episodes when I’ve forgotten some of the jokes and can enjoy them again rather than being able to lip-sync to them.

5 Likes

I’m a bad fan because I don’t have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything MST

The stuff some of you are able to recall is intimidating

12 Likes

I haven’t watched any of KTMA-era episodes, and there are several I still haven’t seen (I never saw The She-Creature until it got released as a Gizmoplex pick!) It’s kind of a relief to know that I’m not alone in not having an encyclopedic knowledge, and I can still sit at the table (so to speak) anyhow

7 Likes

Oh, p’shaw. You are not a bad fan. Encyclopedia knowledge ain’t everything; it’s great to see you around here!

Encyclopedic knowledge doesn’t really matter to me around here, never has. You bring a lot of fun to the table, so thank you for that!

11 Likes

Ugh, tell me about it.

7 Likes

Oh you

I feel like I’m at a big party and everyone’s having fun in this fandom and specifically this forum

7 Likes

I’m so glad you started this thread; the guilt has been killing me. I can never get all the way through Manos! It’s no fault of the gang, I can’t do the Rifftrax version either. It’s just that the movie itself is so, so bad my brain refuses to engage with it. Just nopes right out like Jim Halpert in a meeting.

I’m going to try again before the tribute. I’ve been watching this show since 1990; one day I will climb this mountain.

14 Likes

You can do it!

6 Likes

What I said above applies here to you as well: encyclopedic knowledge ain’t the end-all/be-all, and possessing such knowledge doesn’t automatically make a great fan. For one, I enjoy your commentary on all things Growler!

8 Likes

No guilt at all! That IS a headcracker of a movie, Manos. Thank goodness we have the riffs to make it all palatable!

7 Likes

Thanks, friend. If I don’t come back, crack wise at a bad movie for me.

8 Likes

I’m right there with you- I have always struggled to get through Manos, classic status be damned. I’m gonna try again when the event happens and try to go in with a fresh perspective. We’ll see, I guess

7 Likes

Nothing of the sort at all. I would never deem you to be a bad fan because of that.

A contributor around here could have a few episodes or maybe only one episode under the belt. Another contributor might have seen an episode only a few times or just the once. Am I gonna view them as bad fans for that? HELL NO.

You enjoy the show, and you enjoy what it is that you want to enjoy. That makes you the right people in my book.

5 Likes

Manos is like a fine vinegar, it goes well with chips err… Quips

6 Likes

And to bring this right back around to you, you’re nothing of the sort.

Just because you haven’t seen all of Season 11 or any of Season 12 isn’t going to make me think of you as a bad fan, nor should that be the case with anyone.

You’re a MSTie. That’s all that counts!

6 Likes

One of these days, if the fifth live nationwide tour’s in the works, and I save enough for a VIP, THEN I’ll meet both him and Waverly.
… do I even need to say anything else?

6 Likes

“You two belong in the Robot Roll Call, darn it!”

2 Likes