Are you a BAAAAAddddd Fan?

There is no such thing as a “bad” fan. A MSTie is a MSTie!

Did you discover the show for the first time yesterday and you enjoy it? Congratulations! You’re just as big of a fan as me! Welcome aboard! :smiley:

13 Likes

Raises Hand: I have still not seen MST3K: The Movie

10 Likes

The only “bad” fan is the kind who tries to start Host Wars.

I mean, obviously Mike’s the best host and anyone who disagrees is terrible. :laughing:

6 Likes

GASP! :flushed:

2 Likes

If you live within driving distance of Chicago, come on over and we’ll watch it. I’ll make dinner! :laughing:

7 Likes

I bought the dvd/blu ray combo after it left Hulu a while back. I am in central IL, so if Chicago is too far north, pop on over!

4 Likes

Obviously the ONE AND ONLY proper response is Matt Claude Van Damme.

All other suggestions will be dismissed out of hand, and I will curse you for all eternity.

6 Likes

It feels like we’re doing an unfortunate disservice to Eddie Nelson’s 20-year run on the show.

8 Likes

I honestly haven’t watched as much MST3K as I think I should, just because I keep falling back on “comfort” episodes I’ve already seen.

But in a way, that’s what’s so awesome about this series, that there’s literally hundreds of movies that MST3K covered.

Then again, I’ve bought multiple box sets, I’ve watched the entire Netflix run, I’ve invested in Season 13 and follow the cast’s other work…I think I already have a lot to be proud of! And the stuff I don’t know, I’ll know eventually. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I haven’t seen most of season one, and what I have seen I didn’t particularly enjoy. :flushed:

15 Likes

The Crawling Hand beckons you!

Also, Moon Zero Two, Lesley. Moon Zero Two!

9 Likes

I have started this one a few times, but never finished it. That probably has something to do with the fact that, whenever I put it on, it’s past my bedtime and I always fall asleep. Those opening credits, though!

7 Likes

Totally worth it for Hee Haw 1999!

11 Likes

Maybe it’s because of Servo’s (at the time) non-springy tube arms, and the interior of the SOL looked more like a secret illegal hidden base.

5 Likes

I’ve seen relatively few of the “classic” episodes. I know I watched quite a few in my youth (but does that mean 5-10 or 20-30? I honestly don’t know- the fog of age is thick) and I’ve seen a handful over the last two years. But I own many on DVD, and the KS gave me a bunch of digital episodes, and I’ve not seen most of them.

I’ve watched all of the Netflix episodes (more than once for all of them) and even binged The Gauntlet (though, I’m ashamed to admit I took a break and watched it in 3 movie blocks during a time I struggled with insomnia).

I watched all the KS livestreams, but didn’t watch all the Mindless Summer streams. And I’ve never watched an entire Turkey Day marathon. I watched most of last year, but still started late, and ended after all the new episode trailers aired.

3 Likes

New Fans
Old Fans
People who like Manos
People who don’t like Manos
People who haven’t seen Manos

It’s all good.

16 Likes

I have more interests than riffing of cheesy movies and between MST3K and Rifftrax I doubt I will ever see all of it.

My ‘bad fan’ qualifications typically center around thinking Season 6 was rouuugghhh… but at least Mike Nelson agrees with me. lol. Every season has it’s gems though and I fn love Samson VS the vampire women… so I was excited to see Santo come back for the new season.

4 Likes

Instead of focusing on being “bad” fans, let’s just focus our attention on the good and the beautiful.

14 Likes

[blasts laughably bad pseudo-inspirational sci-fi movie music]

You know, @Stacy_Boyette, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced of that.

9 Likes