ARE YOU READY FOR FALL? It’s time to VOTE your picks for four of the episodes to be featured in our 2022 Turkey Day Marathon!

(I would make this post pumpkin spice flavored if I could.)

It’s time: here comes THE TURKEY DAY TOURNAMENT!

In keeping with tradition of the last few years, your votes will be deciding four of the episodes we show in this year’s Turkey Day Marathon, in a single-elimination episode battle to the death! Two experiments enter, only one experiment leaves!

New votes will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by noon ET, and close out 36 hours later. And even when we get to your top four choices, we’ll keep voting anyway to declare a tournament winner.

Today we kick off the bloodbath with two tales of betrayal: Those rascally second-season Hellcats are taking on Coleman Francis’ coffee-liking sixth-season Skydivers. CHOOSE!

17 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen either episode.

2 Likes

Coleman Francis vs. Ross Hagen. Round One. Fight!

This is a tough one, but I think I’ve got to go with Hellcats because Skydivers feels too depressing for Turkey Day.

6 Likes

Well, it looks like those of us who avoid social media like the plague are SOL in this electoral process.

But if I could vote, I would vote for Skydivers. Because every one could use some coffee on Turkey Day. And Petey the Plane.

1 Like

Can’t stand Skydivers. Don’t want it stinking up my Turkey Day. Going with The Hellcats, which I’m not sure if I’ve seen, but it’s gotta be better than Skydivers.

3 Likes

You can’t click on the embedded poll?

2 Likes

The people voting for Hellcats clearly have never seen Hellcats and don’t know that it is inferior in every way. Skydivers has sex for sundries, the dance scene, Petey Plane, coffee, and so many other things that make it a good MST episode. Yeah, Coleman has his standard murder-from-airplane ending but its a fun ride and about a billion times better than Hellcats which is EQUALLY depressing but has none of the charm or goofiness.

6 Likes

It seems to want me to sign it via Twitter or Facebook.

1 Like

You need the social media to post a comment, but your vote counts when you click the checkmark.

5 Likes

See, if I failed that simple test, you can imagine what a mess I’d be on social media. :grin:

7 Likes

It’s a toss up for me. I like both episodes, but it’s true that Skydivers is goofier, and I love the dance party.

1 Like

If Hellcats is depressing too, then maybe the winner of this one should go in the really early timeslot, when everyone’s still sleeping in, or the really late timeslot where everyone’s zonked out from Tryptophan.

The episodes during the marathon have usually been a little lighter and breezier. I feel like tone is important on Turkey Day. There might be newbies watching at the host’s behest. I love Hobgoblins, for instance, but I’m not sure if I’d want to do that to someone’s Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

Not to mention that Skydivers is this totally trippy 1960’s counter-culture movie and they have like this one totally cool scene, dude, where they drop acid, man! Yeah man, they drop acid and this one dude, he like dies, man! From the acid! It was wild man. I was like, “Wooooooah!”.

Yeah, Skydivers, man.

2 Likes

Had to go with Hellcats. I “enjoy” Coleman’s works, but they’re not for Thanksgiving. Hellcats is Sidehackers without the sidehacking and elided violence.

3 Likes

Well, they’re both pretty bleak but at least one has (really bad) color.

Also, no matter how awkward and interminable your Date With Your Family is, it’s probably not at the level of the big party in Hellcats. So there’s your seasonal Ram Chip.

4 Likes

Don’t want to watch Skydivers again for a while.

2 Likes

Then you’re in for a treat either way.

3 Likes

Some people view deep hurting as a “treat”, I suppose.

1 Like

There’s “hilarious” implied sexual assault of the terrified painter’s model. But at least if it exists Best Brains had the good sense to edit it out.

1 Like