ARE YOU READY FOR FALL? It’s time to VOTE your picks for four of the episodes to be featured in our 2022 Turkey Day Marathon!

BEVARE! There is no changing of your vote.

Take care! Bevare! Take vare!

3 Likes

I accidentally voted trying to scroll… (the poll has two vertical scroll bars on my screen and was trying to see what else was there)

oh well

2 Likes

Skydivers is an abysmal movie but I’ve just never liked any of the motorcycle gang/juvenile delinquent films. I find them far more depressing than any of the turgid incoherence that Coleman put out.

3 Likes

The movies are supposed to be bad. What usually makes an episode less appealing for me isn’t that the movie is bad, but that the riffing might be generic, mean-spirited or uninspired.
Luckily, that’s not the case with either of these.

2 Likes

Hmm…. Maybe I’ll just vote for the one with the better short.

2 Likes

Sure, but there’s “ha ha holy crap this movie is bad” and then there’s “ugh. What did I just watch. Due to the drought I cannot take a shower long enough to wash that movie off of me. I will never be clean again”

To me, the juvie movies fall into the second category. Red Zone Cuba kind of does as well, but Skydivers is just boring and dumb.

2 Likes

I mean, it might be OK in the post-dinner nap slot, but to start Turkey Day? That’s neither stuffing or potatoes.

4 Likes

It’s been a lot longer since I saw The Hellcats, so I’m picking that one.

The crushingly drab incompetence of Coleman Francis is okay as a standalone watch, but not as part of a whole marathon.

3 Likes

I’m hoping the other matchups are better than this one, because my choice is neither The Hellcats nor The Skydivers.

7 Likes

My god, please don’t make me watch Skydivers again.

3 Likes

Hellcats has never been featured on TD, Skydivers was shown once in 1995.

Skydivers is significantly funnier to me. And I really dislike the Ross Hagen biker flicks, they put me in a sourer mood than Skydivers does.

4 Likes

I’ve always found Skydivers hilarious. Maybe it’s the coffee running gag, I don’t know - always crack up at that one. Plus, “why study industrial arts?” might be my favorite short of all time.

5 Likes

You guys watch Ross Hagen movies?

6 Likes

Not if I can possibly help it. Wild Rebels, Sidehackers, and Hellcats are three movies I just have a tough time with. Wild Rebels is the least awful of them, but Sidehackers and Hellcats I find to be just this side of unwatchably icky. Without the riffing I wouldn’t use either of them to line a birdcage.

2 Likes

I voted for Skydivers because I like coffee and chili peppers burn my gut.

6 Likes

Hard to choose. I like both episodes, but I have a soft spot for the Coleman Francis riffs (note the riffs not the movies themselves). And Skydivers is the Coleman Francis work that is most like a real movie with a plot.

4 Likes

You guys watch Tony Cardoza movies?

Yes, I’m aware it applies to both. :laughing:

1 Like

So if Skydivers wins, dinner will be pit barbecue, right?

3 Likes

And if Hellcats wins, dinner will be a Dove bar and some smack.

1 Like

I voted for Hellcats simply because I don’t remember much about this episode. Skydivers is at least memorable, even if not for the best of reasons.

2 Likes