ARE YOU READY FOR FALL? It’s time to VOTE your picks for four of the episodes to be featured in our 2022 Turkey Day Marathon!

Hooray Turkey Day planning time!

I’m hoping for something pretty cool for the first Gizmoplex TD. Maybe some info/news about the next season or something. Would be awesome if they launched pre-orders for the new season during TD.

2 Likes

I made a meaningless pop culture reference, so knock it off!

tumblr_67302bdc0330e2e634943e35e9f9a0e8_58a96fbf_500

3 Likes

That is damning with not even faint praise.

Dinosaur Island has its moments.

Mostly involving Michelle Bauer.

1 Like

I went with Hellcats because I remember nothing about that episode. Like, not even that there is an episode by that name.

2 Likes

I was going to add that you should take it as you will. :smiley:

Season 2, with all the other biker films. :smiley:

3 Likes

TURKEY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :smiley:

Oh, I freaking SCREAMED when I saw this thread title, I am SO ABSOLUTELY PSYCHED for this!

12 Likes

I chose Skydivers because I remember it being a strange, fun episode, and definitely the most “watchable” of the Coleman Francis films. Hellcats was a slog and the worst of the season two biker movies. If Wild Rebels or Sidehackers had been on the poll instead, I would have picked them over Skydivers.

1 Like

I’m voting Hellcats because it’s never been featured in a Turkey Day marathon before. Plus I actually think it’s a fairly decent episode.

2 Likes

For some reason I can’t get my vote to stick. Every time I vote, leave, and then come back in it seems like my vote is undone.

1 Like

Voted for The Skydivers.

I Like Coffee! :smiley:

2 Likes

OK - it’s a free forum and everything but really it is NOT good practice to vote for sub-par episodes simply because "they’ve never been on Turkey Day in the past. Does that mean at some point you’d vote for the worst, most boring episodes of MST simply because they never had a Turkey Day rolling? That doesn’t make any sense.

Turkey Day is a time for the best of the best of the best of MST … not a time to ‘give episodes a chance’. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This wasn’t a choice between ’Bests’.

3 Likes

No - but of the two offerings people should be voting for the BEST of the two … not the one “that sucks more but hasn’t ever had a Turkey Day in the sun.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will say this: if the never-Turkey-Day’d The Castle of Fu Manchu ever ends up in one of these Turkey Day polls, I am absolutely going to vote for it on general principle because WE NEED AN ADVENTURE TO POWER THROUGH

3 Likes

I dunno, I think if they’re both kinda not your favorite, voting for one purely on the basis of “it’s less repetitive” is very reasonable.

Mind you if they put something good like The Magic Sword against something like Sidehackers, I’m gonna question anyone’s judgment if they pick Sidehackers.

6 Likes

People can vote based on whatever criterion they want. This isn’t that important a decision, it’s a fun diversion and if you want to vote Hellcats, because Mittens the kitten meowed when you said the title, then by God you go right ahead and listen to Mittens damnit!

You be you.

9 Likes

Not everyone agrees that an all-day marathon of Space Mutiny and Time Chasers is “best of the best of the best”. We all prefer different episodes, and some of us enjoy seeing all different types of episodes from the entire series.

7 Likes

Time Chasers. Ugh.

3 Likes

I was thinking it’s kind of hilarious to debate the merits of Hellcats vs Skydivers given the odds that either of these makes it into the final four.

Then I remembered what the internet is for: debating the goofiest sh** in excruciating detail with a passion normally reserved for revivalist meetings or high school football in Texas.

Onward! :smiley:

7 Likes

It really stinks!

8 Likes