Are you ready for some football?

I have to post this montage from Laserblast.

Who is everyone rooting for/not rooting for? Anyone doing fantasy football this year?

I haven’t really had a team to root for since Stan Kroenke and his bad toupee took the Rams from St. Louis. Mostly, I root against whatever team Tom Brady is on, as well as the Cowboys. (I guess I occasionally root for the NY Giants when they play, since they’re my husband’s team, but I’m not that invested, mostly because they suck.)

I joined a fantasy football league with a bunch of people from a Sloan Facebook group. (Sloan is a Canadian power-pop band that I’ve been a huge fan of for over 20 years.) The name of the league, as well as all the team names, are all references to Sloan songs. This is the first fantasy football league I’ve played in that has money involved, so that’s new.

11 Likes

Sounds like some people just might not be READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

I’ve really got no choice: my regular after-work tiny dive bar is owned by a former Washington Redskins (that was their name back in the day), so it’s most definitely going to have all the TVs to whatever game.

That and at work, a lot of the gals and guys like to jokingly disrespect each others’ teams.

So, yes, I’m ready for some football. No choice!

6 Likes

I will be rooting for the New Orleans Saints, mainly because I was playing Saints Row 2 when I decided to start following NFL .

7 Likes

I’ve kind of fallen out of love with sports, I was investing my ego into it to such a degree that if my teams lost, I was miserable and wasted the entire day on something I have no control over.

Saying that - I was feeling lazy so I thought I’d catch the Packers game, and it was an exciting back and forth exchange… until it became a mess at the end.

No one wanted to win the game it seems - all those missed FGs, jeez, and all of the Packers misses went left (hey, here’s an idea, aim to the right!) but Green Bay finally pulled it out, with a FG.

Packers 25 - Bengals 22

8 Likes

I’m originally from Buffalo NY so I was born a BILLS fan. I survived 4 straight Super Bowl losses and after a 25+ year playoff drought, we have a team we can talk about now! :football:
Even though I reside in Carolina Panthers country, the Bills are who I root for

4 Likes

ROGERS!!
I love his recent State Farm ad where he’s a singer-songwriter :sweat_smile:
I’m rooting for Matthew Stafford. He was dragged down by the Lions for so long and now us thriving!

5 Likes

I live 2 miles from where they’re building the Carolina Panthers future training facility in Rock Hill, SC… After today’s loss to the floundering Eagles in Charlotte, they should make their motto: ‘Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory’ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

They lost? How’d they manage that?

3 Likes

I think they were competing for the most turnovers…
Their defense just broke down in the 4th qtr and couldn’t get their sh!t back together.

3 Likes

I’ll bet he was happy when my Bills trounced the Washington team in Week 3 :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, that’ll do it. (edit, responding to the post before the last one)

Defense was frustrating me in the red zone in the game I watched. Pack can’t stop an O in the red zone - the Bengals held us to FGs (or missed FGs), but the Packers D just wilts, it was sad, you might as well not been on the field. (thankfully they held up outside of that for the most part)

3 Likes

Crazy game between the Browns & Chargers as the Chargers hold on to win :open_mouth:
The Browns go for a total of 532 yards, 42 points, and 0 turnovers and still lost the game :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Alright, it’s time for SNF! Time for my Bills to get Redemption over the Chiefs :football: :boxing_glove:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was ready for some football, but I was not ready for THAT football.

At least Crosby pulled it out at the end, though being not in the Packers’ market, my station cut away to the afternoon game thirty seconds before the winning field goal :rage:

3 Likes

Living around the Detroit area I’ve had the pleasure of seeing the Lions lose all of my near 38 years. Stafford was good, just played for crappy team. I followed him to the Rams and am happy for him, he deserves the success he’s been receiving.

7 Likes

Lions’ new coach was literally crying at their weekly losing press conference!

3 Likes

Bills holding their own so far 24-13 over KC
Rain moving in but the Bills did well last week in the rain so Keep On Keepin On Buffalo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

OOOHH Severe Weather delay in progress in KC :zap: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

2 Likes

The Bills are just slicing and dicing the Chiefs defense :rofl:

AAAND The Bills Dominate KC 38-20 :raised_hands:
Time for go to bed :grin:

5 Likes

Congratulations on beating the defending champs. Not something you get to say to a Bills fan that often :wink:

I used to live in New York – Rockland County – and I always liked the Bills because they’re the only NFL team that actually plays in New York State. Those other teams can go live in New Jersey if they like it so much. Of course it didn’t hurt that I lived there in the middle of the Jim Kelly era.

4 Likes