Are you ready for some football?

3 Likes

The Jags’ owner also owns a soccer team, I believe in London. That’s why the team plays overseas so much.

2 Likes

So does the Rams owner. So does the Bucs owner (except for the “in London” part). They’re not playing in England every year.
Speculation is that the Jags franchise itself will move to London in the near future.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Wouldn’t surprise me if one of the Khans volunteered their team to constantly play in England because of their connections there, though.

Relocating to London presents its own issues that will be figured out by people either much smarter, or much more motivated by money, than me. I know it’s been talked about for some time but have no clue how well the constant international travel will go over. Potential nightmares for the NFL.

2 Likes

Looking at my team’s schedules - week 1, It’ll be strange seeing the Hawks play the Rams… on CBS?

The bad thing about this, is that at least with the Packers and Seahawks mostly on Fox, I could avoid Tony Romo - now those days are gone.

Seriously can’t listen to the man, how to describe the sensation? It’s like if you wore underwear made of fiberglass… that’s what listening to Romo is like for me.

If he calls the Hawks I can at least put on local radio (hopefully it synchs up ok)

But again, tough schedule - I don’t like this multiple Thursday games thing. Just read this…

Beginning with their Week 11 game on the road against the Rams, they’ll be playing three games in 12 days, including the prime-time matchups against San Francisco and Dallas. After that, they’ll visit the 49ers, then will come back home to host the Eagles. That critical four-game stretch (Niners, Cowboys, Niners, Eagles) may well determine how this season goes.

Yeah, I think it will determine how our season goes down the toilet.

1 Like

And the Packers open, and close the season, against the Bears.

Week 1, that’ll be big, that should be fun. Can Love own the Bears the way Aaron did? So many questions on this team, and to open up again our longtime rival. That’s a challenge, that’s a good way to start a season.

1 Like

Just found the Bronco’s schedule. Wow the fools gave us not one, not two, but FOUR prime time games. :open_mouth:

Weirdly we are playing Detroit on either Dec 16 or 17 and another mystery date game against the Raiders (wherever they are these days) in January. Anyone know why the dates are ambiguous?

We also have the Christmas Eve night game against New England. I always feel sorry for the guys who have families and are unable to be with home for the holiday.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Christmas games stink for the players.

4 Primetime games? The NFL is probably banking on viewers being curious to see what the Wilson/Payton pairing will be like. Can Russ bounce back? Will Payton make them a playoff contender again?

The ambiguous dates might have something to do with the flex scheduling. Dunno, maybe?

2 Likes

That’s what they were banking on last season and we know how well that (didn’t) turned out. LOL!

I guess we’ll see if Payton is smart enough to play the regular starters at least a few times in preseason this year. Russ needs to put his ego in his pocket and play football. He can preen on social media when he has a reason to.

2 Likes

Interesting schedule :open_mouth:

5 Prime time games + London :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Hilarious - The Titans getting help from folks on the street with their schedule announcement.

Well, at least they recognize their own team.

And I think it’s funny how they mistake the Colts for the Cowboys… twice.

1 Like

The Buffalo Bills & Denver Broncos videos are pretty funny as well :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well? Have you ever tried planning a party with a horse??

Have you?

LOL!

1 Like

Of course the owners would approve this…

4 Likes

The move is a win for the NFL in terms of virtually ensuring primetime matchups every night during the final weeks of the season. The logistics of moving a game three or four days ahead of its originally scheduled date could cause some nightmares for teams. Apparently three-quarters of the league’s owners don’t see that as a problem.

Of course, they don’t see the problem, they aren’t the ones travelling on short notice, or dealing with injuries and expected to play through them.

3 Likes

I get they want good prime time games, but yeah, I don’t think they honestly care, they make a show of it, but that’s just to avoid lawsuits. How is the Hawks playing 3 games in 12 days conducive to good health, for one?

If they really put a player’s well-being ahead of profit, they’d shorten the season and get rid of Thursday games, aside from the 2 special Thanksgiving ones, and you schedule those around byes. No international games, and a single Monday nighter each week, otherwise, it’s Sunday. If you really, really care… do that NFL.

4 Likes

At least concussions/CTE are being talked about in the NFL (even if they’re being minimized). Gary Bettman and the NHL act like they’re a non-issue in hockey when they very much are.

1 Like

Considering that a player can apparently break someone’s NECK and not face any repercussions, I’m not surprised the NHL is ignoring the concussion debate.

Yes I’m still angry about that.

1 Like

The NFL got concerned when they were forced to, when lawsuits and outside studies, independent of their own, showed the league was minimizing the impact… but yeah, at least they are doing something, however they came around to it. I’m surprised the NHL hasn’t felt that same pressure.

2 Likes

Jets’ QB Aaron Rodgers says he tweaked his calf during a practice session and is being held out of drills as a precaution.
Rodgers, 39, is expected to resume football activities soon.

… And so it begins…

2 Likes