Are you ready for some football?

The Detroit Lions have officially released CB Cam Sutton.
Sutton was charged with domestic battery by strangulation by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and the police are still looking for him. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I remain just as concerned with domestic violence rates among the NFL fan bases, but people still get beat up on Sundays.

2 Likes

Truth!

2 Likes

Actually, the Bills have 11 :grin:

1 Like

Denver has eight, but I don’t think we get our first pick until round four or five. So yeah. eight with an asterisk.

2 Likes

I just don’t see us using all 11 picks, but we do have a Lot of holes to fill before this upcoming season so maybe, Just Maybe we could actually use them all to fill those holes :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

OH! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have ESPN on my radio, mostly to listen to Mariners games on the commute to work, but I also hear their shows and news bits – and the host were in a heated argument about something this morn, and it got me to thinking about the last big debate around this time… about whether Chicago should trade Justin Fields and take Bryce Young, because Young was a (here’s their favorite word of late) “generational talent”. Others pushed back, arguing that Fields was the franchise, he was electrifying and would only get better.

It makes me chuckle to think how wrong these media “experts” were, on both sides of the debate.

Now, things change. If Jordan Love can go from awful, to what he was last season, anything is possible (though in Fields case, it’ll be too late for the team that traded up to draft him). But in the here and now, not so much, and I think it best if I just tune these jokers out and switch to music when the M’s aren’t playing.

:billed_cap:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, modeling seems like his natural habitat.

daammmmmmmnnnn

1 Like

Let’s just play Flag-Football, shall we?? :neutral_face:

1 Like

Looks like they approve the new kickoff return rules too:

For a standard kickoff, the ball would be kicked from the 35-yard line with the 10 kick coverage players lined up at the opposing 40, with five on each side of the field.

The return team would have at least nine blockers lined up in the “set up zone” between the 30- and 35-yard line, with at least seven of those players touching the 35. There would be up to two returners allowed inside the 20.

Only the kicker and two returners would be allowed to move until the ball hits the ground or was touched by a returner inside the 20.

Any kick that reaches the end zone in the air can be returned, or the receiving team can opt for a touchback and possession at the 30. Any kick that reaches the end zone in the air and goes out of bounds or out of the end zone also would result in a touchback at the 30.

If a ball hits a returner or the ground before the end zone and goes into the end zone, a touchback would be at the 20 or the play could be returned. Any kick received in the field of play would have to be returned.

“It’s a drastic kind of move that’s going to be way different,” said Ravens coach John Harbaugh, a former special teams coordinator. “Is that the right move at this time? I don’t know. I think that’s to be determined."

Under current rules, any touchback — or if a returner calls for a fair catch in the field of play — results in the receiving team getting the ball at its 25.

4 Likes

Golly, kickoffs will look completely different.

3 Likes

This sounds completely insane and I can’t wait to see how badly everyone f***s it up the first few games.

2 Likes

The first few games? Nearly every kick where there’s a chance of returning it involves a holding call. This is done by special teams that are supposedly well practiced in kickoffs. This new rule is going to melt their minds.

3 Likes

the way I’m reading it, it basically gets rid of the fair-catch rule and the trade off is the kicking team can’t defend right away.

3 Likes

What the goofus is this?

2 Likes

How is this going to be implemented? Are the refs going to blow a whistle when the other players can start moving? They can’t count on everyone having a clear view of the ball hitting the ground our being caught. Hang time is now irrelevant I guess. This is going to look so stupid with everyone standing there watching the ball in the air.

3 Likes

The sides also line up five yards away from each other! I understand why – the injuries happen because a returner who’s barely started moving gets hit by a guy with a 40 yard head of steam – but it’s going to look SO WEIRD.

2 Likes

It will be entirely weird. This is like stuff you do at practice so your third receiver who is also your returner doesn’t get smeared.

3 Likes