Are you ready for some football?

With all these FA signings, the Seahawks now have to free up some cash to make room for the draft and other training camp expenses. They just cut veteran Al Woods, who has been steady for them, but is getting long in the tooth (at least for the NFL) - I’ll miss Al.

Oh, and it appears Cam wants to make a comeback…

1 Like

Anyone remember the NFL LOL blog Kissing Suzy Kolber (bought by Uproxx and eventually kaputted)? The OG writers mostly went in separate directions, but others didn’t, and they’re at Door Flies Open.

https://doorfliesopen.com/

Looks like it’s been around for a long while, but I wasn’t paying attention, surprise.

1 Like

:laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:
Imgur

2 Likes

Is that Bill Cosby?

1 Like

Yup in place of Deshawn Watson :rofl:

1 Like

Widdle bitty Kyler is killin me.

1 Like

I had a lot of respect for Favre but it looks like he’s turning into a tool… :angry:

McAfee shouldn’t have anything to worry about Favre’s lawsuit

2 Likes

Shocked to learn the man who stole from the poorest people in the poorest state in the country was also involved in “new, ineffective concussion drugs”

I suspect he was always a tool and you and I just didn’t know it

2 Likes

Favre was my guy, more than Rodgers ever was - so all these recent revelations are heartbreaking. I know our heroes are fallible, and human beings can be dinks, but man, you were one of the people that made that team special (along with Reggie White on the D) and you’ve let me down, worse, you hurt a lot of folks in need.

At least Bart Starr and Steve Largent were/are decent men, so not all my NFL heroes are disappointments.

2 Likes

It is heartbreaking! I’ve always like the Pack – former Wisconsinite here, plus I like they’re fan-owned – but to me they’re SO strongly associated with Favre and Rodgers that now I’ve soured on the whole team.

Maybe once Rodgers goes off to the Jets, I can put them back on my fave teams list, but There’s Something About Mary will never be the same.

2 Likes

DeAndre Hopkins followed Josh Allen on Instagram and Josh just followed him back. Neither of them was following the other earlier today. This could be something or it could be nothing. It’ll be interesting to keep an eye on nonetheless. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I enjoy reading about NFL history and came across a strangely named team I’d never heard of before. The Tonawanda Kardex.

Probably never heard of them because they’re the shortest-lived team in the league. They played all of… one game for the (now) NFL.

If I ever play fantasy football, I think I’d resurrect and use that name, just for shts and giggles.

1 Like

I think i remember hearing about them when i was a kid living in Tonawanda back in the mid-70s…
Really cool historical find :clap:

2 Likes

The rumor mills are still churning… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Uh Oh… AR might wanna consult the Dark Place for advice :grimacing:

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Rule change: A launch, which is a personal foul (15-yard penalty), is now if a player leaves one or both feet to make a tackle.

I need some clarification on this one, if you’re running after a guy, aren’t you always going to have one foot off the ground, so technically you’re going to be launching on every play. Is launching the same as diving after a player who has run past you?

Rule change: This will penalize teams handing off the football forward on a read-option, for example, or any other running play a penalty. Handoffs will have to be made next to or behind the quarterback, not in front of.

Why, what’s the big deal, seems tick-tacky

Rule change: This will allow teams for strength of victory to be the second tiebreaker for postseason seeding after the head-to-head tiebreaker. The second tiebreaker was previously conference record. It appears the league had a typo in the press release they sent out regarding this rule.

so, encouraging teams to run up the score?

Not approved - I think roughing the passer should be reviewable.

Return of the 3rd QB on roster rule was denied… they expanded the roster by 1 when they changed that rule, so technically you still have the option to carry a 3rd QB if you want, right? If the Niners didn’t have a 3rd QB for the playoff that was on them, as they used that extra roster spot on another position. If I’m reading the rule correctly.

I’m glad we’re going to see the return of the zero, does that mean we’ll see the double zero - or is Jim Otto still going to be the last of those? (unfortunately offensive linemen won’t be allowed to wear the 0)

Oh, and when he’s traded to the Jets he’ll need a new number… Aaron Rodgers should definitely be a 0

2 Likes

The Bills need some additional firepower if they are finally going to get to the Super Bowl.

1 Like

I highly doubt anyone will ever be able to wear and/or be as good as Jim Otto.

1 Like