Are you vaccinated?

With the live tour coming up, and the even more malevolent Delta Variant running amok, I want to encourage everyone to get vaccinated, because I love y’all, and I don’t want any of us to be bearers of death and destruction

31 Likes

Me and my family will get vaccinated later this year, except my mom feels unsure about us getting one at all (she’s afraid of the side effects). So in other words… I don’t think I’ll ever get my life back ever. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Yeah

4 Likes

Fully vaxxed since February, but still using masks and following other protocols that have since been lifted. Out living my life, but doing so carefully.

15 Likes

As soon as I was able to, yes.

7 Likes

Most of my family is in the medical field one way or another, so we were in the first eligible group. With Moderna, which means we all owe our lives to Dolly Parton, which I kind of already felt like anyway.

15 Likes

Double vaxed since April.

I’ll grab tickets, if anything is announced close to me in NWFL, but still not sure if I’ll be comfortable to actually attend?

I’m seriously considering building a Servo telepresence robot ? Think they’d allow that?

9 Likes

Fully vaxxed since the end of March.

9 Likes

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that… one of my friends just got his very stubborn daughter to finally make an appointment for her first poke… after months of begging/arguing.

4 Likes

Fully vaxxed and ready to rock! Or Riff. Yeah, Ready to Riff!

10 Likes

Fully vaxed and masking back up 'cuz we have “Substantial Community Transmission” in my county. I encourage everyone to check out your county’s rate here CDC COVID Data Tracker

And please remember that there are people (cancer patients, et. al) who cannot get vaccinated because the only way we know to deal with their illnesses is to completely nuke their immune systems.

17 Likes

Got the two shots of Pfizer in March/April. Glad I got them. (Side effects were minimal. At worst, they made me slightly lethargic for a couple days)

10 Likes

As far as side effects, I will admit that, post vaccine, all of my old person aches ached a little bit more for a day or so and I did get a bit of the same feeling this lady did: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/km1rui/woman_who_got_the_covid_vaccine_experiences_some/

ETA: Both were minimal and manageable.

6 Likes

Man, I was worried this conversation was gonna go in the other direction. Get vaccinated!

16 Likes

I got vaccinated as early as possible as did my wife. We both work for the county and I work in the Health Department so we got to get it very early. My office has weekly Zoom meetings going over the local and national COVID numbers so this whole pandemic is in my world every day.

10 Likes

Got mine as soon as I could, back in May. Still rockin a mask in fairly crowded public places and at work. Only side effect was my arm was wild sore, but thankfully I got of them bad boys.

9 Likes

Oof, hang in there.

5 Likes

I also had very minimal side effects. Felt a bit tired (more tired than usual anyway) for two days and my arm burned where the shot was administered, but that’s it. I am in a very low case area, but I still mask up if going to a store or similar. I’m not really worried for myself, despite my having multiple health issues, my immune system in surprisingly strong, but I don’t want to spread the germs to others.

7 Likes

I’ve tried to get all my customers to understand this when explaining to them that I’m requiring all my customers to mask up? Only been spat on once and received one threatening email as a result.

I have customers who are very high risk … what would be a mild case for most, would likely kill them?

Anyone who doesn’t like me doing my best to… do my best in this situation? Well, they can bite my shiny metal ass.

Sorry to vent… it’s just been a very frustrating and stressful few weeks.

Take care y’all.

22 Likes

Yes and my entire household is vaccinated as well

8 Likes