Article: The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Robots Are Quintessential Gen-Xers

They were the 90s Huey Lewis and the News.

2 Likes

I mean, did you even see the Alice in Chains MTV video? Itā€™s like you donā€™t even have cable

1 Like

Iā€™m a manā€¦with a cable box!

2 Likes

Wiki asserts that 1965 was the first year of Gen-X. So why does is the term post-Boomer even required? Iā€™m lost. (MOTHER!!) Sorry, Author. But Hodgson being born in 1960 still places him solidly at the younger end of the Boomers.

P.S. - Avocado toast already existed by the early 1970s. Maybe even longer than that. Next time youā€™re pawing through debris at a yard sale, pick up an old cooking pamphlet called ā€œThe Avocado Bravoā€ and youā€™ll see the proof. (Just donā€™t pay ebay $10-20 for a copy. Thatā€™s not necessary. These things arenā€™t rare no matter what they tell you.)

1 Like

See above. They call Mike a ā€œshallow post-boomerā€ on the show.

1 Like

lol. No, that was Joel. (I think it was in The Beatniks but Iā€™m not 100% sure.) For years I really did think that Mike was the elder of the hosts and Iā€™m still a bit embarrassed that I had it completely backwards. :smiley: Anyway, since I love 'em both they can call themselves whatever they want. I donā€™t care.

[ETA - Speaking of reclamation/recycling, I donā€™t know if dada collage-makers like my beloved Hannah Hoch (1889-1978) are watching MST3K in The Great Beyond --particularly the interior designs-- and nodding approvingly. But Iā€™m going to insist that they are anyway.]

2 Likes

I saw this headline and was like what? Then remembered I wrote an L7 joke in Santo.

1 Like