As A Woman I'd Like to say this

I’m so glad this fandom is a haven for folks that feel unwelcome elsewhere. We truly are a stronger fandom for it. :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Hey now, it’s not like they’re the goat loving mommas boys that the men of Malta are.

3 Likes
1 Like

as a woman with terminal irony poisoning and a big fan of online bullying, ive always liked the mst3k community for being kind and sincere, while lacking the qualities that make me a big fan of bullying in most other places (you should see what the things people on twitter with blue checkmarks say–phew!) im very glad there are places online where people can just be nice to each other and have fun

7 Likes

Sorry I didn’t reply Sooner everyone. I threw out my back. I love all the responses!

11 Likes

Cheers, and speedy recoveries!

4 Likes

Which is as it should be.

3 Likes

Thanks. I did it by stretching of all things. Yay getting old!

5 Likes

This is exactly why I am here. You rock.

3 Likes

I internet dated before there was such a thing as tinder so I am pretty much Teflon at this point. Inam sorry you had to deal with that.

4 Likes

Agreed. I am pretty bullet proof at this point. It just gets exhausting. Here I can just have fun.

2 Likes

The Buffy fandom can get like that for absolutely no reason. I also don’t participate anymore because of all the Whedon and Nicholas Brendon stuff. It just feels icky now.

3 Likes

I would like to. I am immune compromised though so since COVID I can’t really do it. I really wanted to do the Denver show.

3 Likes

I was a huge Buffy fan for years… it was my second Great Fandom after Xena. The Whedon stuff was… infuriating and heartbreaking. I just try to think about all the good people who also worked on those shows.

4 Likes

I can only imagine how rough it can be out there for you. I have seen it so often with my trans friends irl. You definitely have my empathy.

3 Likes

Me as well. At least people are talking about their experiences. Things don’t get better in the dark.

3 Likes

Whedon raised so many people to finally recognize him as the big bad.

2 Likes

Preach. It PAINED me to hear of the wringer that Charisma Carpenter was put through.

1 Like

I was a huge fan of Joss Whedon. This, and many other incidents have made me very wary of giving my admiration to any celebrity now… especially men. I mean, I’m a man, and even I find myself wondering if this is how ALL men act behind the scenes if they get a whiff of fame and power.

5 Likes

People should have figured out Whedon when Dollhouse came out. I have no idea how a show where the main character is essentially a sex toy for rich people got greenlit.

4 Likes