At the show!!

I dunno if that predicts the end of MST3K in general. If so, I’m sad now.

2 Likes

I feel like that shirt should have like, “Established 1988” or something because the start year to current year format 100% looks like they’re planning on ending the show next year. /facepalm

7 Likes

Yeah…that was a weird design choice. It is (to my knowledge) unintentionally morbid.

13 Likes

The show has never known how to die forever. So I think we’ll be fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

does this mean the show is finished next year?

2 Likes

I… I DON’T KNOW!!! ugly sobs

2 Likes

but thats what a date typed like that means isnt?

2 Likes

Traditionally yeah, but I don’t think that’s what they meant in this case.

My understanding is that, thanks to the kickstarter, we’re getting this one new season for sure, and the future from there on out is still unknown. I’m sure they are hoping that the Gizmoplex is successful enough for them to be able to continue to fund new episodes going forward, but we’ll just have to wait and see. I’ve learned to just enjoy each season as it comes and know that it could be the last one. But like JoeC mentioned above, this show seems to have a tendency to keep itself alive one way or anther.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, no one is doing all of this work just for one more season. The infrastructure seems to me to being built to make this a continuing ongoing concern with the live shows supporting the tv show supporting the Gizmoplex and them all supporting everything else.

3 Likes

The watch came in the VIP Meet and Greet bags and I think it’s very nice, nicer than you’d think. It has a nice heft to it and the battery is replaceable. It’s also nice and shiny, and shiny things are nice, lol.

2 Likes

I assumed they chose the dates to reflect the end of this tour cycle, not as a hint that next year would be the end of the series.

1 Like

So if we know the show is going to die in 2022, can we use the plane from Time Chasers to go into the future and stop the killer?!?

I pre-suspect Joe Don Baker…

9 Likes

Disposable corporation-fueled consumer culture symbology revision and identity labelers have no seat at the dinner table of my mind and nothing valuable to offer.
It’s a *@{<!^# hat.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, if you google “dad pants”, you’ll find that they are made for moms, not dads. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Maybe dad hats are actually meant for moms :thinking:

2 Likes

Missed opportunity to call the reusable tote bags a “one use” tote bag and have a Servo Subscription that’s $100 a month.

4 Likes

Agreed! Yikes. As the resident MST3K goth I usually enjoy morbid, but not like this. :laughing:

For everyone else – the tour merch is handled through its own channels, so this is actually the first I’m seeing it and I am as perplexed as anyone. I hope nobody is actually worried BUT I can assure you the plan is very much to continue making MST3K for as long as there is an audience that wants to see and support it!

31 Likes

OK, show of hands: how many of us have clicked the “Submit Form” button at the bottom of the merch page? Y’know … because it’s there.

10 Likes

me had to click it

3 Likes

I did. HA! Why do I have a feeling that in 4-6 weeks a wooden pallet of Dad Hats will be sitting in my condo parking lot?

4 Likes