ATTENTION CITIZENS: Leave the Bronx!

Even though this is Italy, please leave the Bronx.

9 Likes

I know Howie Gelb’s band is in Arizona but I still hope he gets to do the soundtrack for the remake.

4 Likes

I’m neither denizen nor citizen of the Bronx. I’ll remain a critizen and stay where I am.

5 Likes

There! I’ve stayed away from THE BRONX

I’ll stick to icy Canada vs sticky icky New Mexico

5 Likes

Have you seen Florida lately? It’s the opposite of enchanting :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This is Dolby Stereo, reminding you to LEAVE THE BRONX!

13 Likes

Can I take the Denver Broncos with me?

7 Likes

simpsonsbroncos1

6 Likes

If they don’t start playing better, I’m pretty sure you can grab 'em for cheap.

7 Likes

My stepmom is from the Bronx and she relocated to Arizona, which is practically New Mexico. She finds it enchanting, I find it unsuitable for human habitation. It takes all kinds I guess!

10 Likes

I was floored when I discovered that this movie is a sequel to a movie titled 1990: The Bronx Warriors. That earlier movie has been given the appropriate treatment by RiffTrax, and it will occasionally stream on the RiffTrax Twitch channel. It includes one sequence, where Trash encounters the Iron Men gang, which is one of my new favorite scenes ever.

7 Likes

New Mexico’s motto is “Land of Enchantment”

7 Likes

Also referred to as Land of Entrapment, keep that in mind when considering leaving the Bronx.

7 Likes

Seriously, in terms of the story, I think they picked New Mexico because it was a low population state with lots of space to build relatively cheaply without seeming as harsh as a cold weather state.

The movie seems to say that those who complied got their enchanting New Mexico homes, so frankly they’re the nicest movie villains I can recall. Except maybe that Rifftrax one also set in New York City where the slumlord tries to give residents $10,000 to move out of his rat-infested building.

8 Likes

I wonder if there’s a deleted scene which confirms that the uprooted folks actually got a decent place to live. I’ve been interpreting the vagueness in the press conference as indicating that, no, they got either tent cities or something even more unspeakable. (Possibly leading to a sequel.)

7 Likes

I just watched this a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

I thought the enchantment thing was a lie and everyone really just got the kapowpow treatment.

11 Likes

Ok, so I’ve left the Bronx but I’ve gotten turned around on a highway cloverleaf outside Philadelphia. Do I really have to go all the way to New Mexico?

8 Likes

Only if you want the gift basket.

7 Likes

I’ve never been to the Bronx. Don’t I need to come to the Bronx first in order to LEAVE THE BRONX?

11 Likes