Ba-BOW! 📯 Secret Agent! 📯 Ba-BOW! 📯 Super Dragon! 📯 Ba-BOW! 📯 Open Thread! Join the Livestream TONIGHT at 8pm ET / 5pm PT!

Maybe it’s fixed now? I can view both the standalone short and the whole livestream event, in both the non-theater (My Videos ➔ Season Pass) and in the theater (Screening Bunker: search for Cavalcade or Dragon). But I could do that over an hour ago, even before Jonathan_Eckley posted.

Or maybe post a bug report or send an email to gizmoplex@mst3k.com if it persists?

2 Likes

The livestreams have two versions.

1. The live event is only available that day. It shows up in your tickets well before the stream actually starts, but is listed as “off air” until about an hour before. That’s probably what you were seeing. Except by the time you came, stream was over, so it showed as “off air” again. It stays visible for a couple of hours after the event is over.

2. The VOD/replay is posted the next day, about 12 hours later. I haven’t checked, but I’d bet it’s up now. That’s the version you can pause and rewind and everything. It just takes a while for the video to process, get uploaded, and whatever.

4 Likes

Bird watching…

Bird watching…

It’s this shorts version of rock climbing.

1 Like

Last night was a blast. Pearl and Larry riffing that Sears catalog of a short. Way more new content than previous tribute episodes. That segment with Team Emily doing every bad British accent they could think of. Fan letter. The Super Dragon rap at the end. Then…whatever the hell that was in the after-show. I mean, I know what it was, I just felt lost after missing the first few minutes.

Only drawback was that the closing music wasn’t our SNL theme.

9 Likes

Waaa whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

2 Likes

Still flipped out that Pearl and Laurence riffed a short in The Theater.

8 Likes

Haaaaaay, “Miss” implied unmarried! I think there might be something…shady about her!

1 Like

Pearl and Larry riffing a short?!?!

Freak Out Panic GIF

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. Ten out of ten black widows prefer the title Miss.
Seems on-brand to me.

2 Likes

Very cool to hear J. Elvis’s voice in the theater again.

5 Likes

It feels like there was a lot of content in this one, and with both crews! I loved the ridiculousness of the accent sketch and the creepy Minsky worship (should we be worried about the sudden appearance of Dr. Kabal (the mysterious financier from the future)?).

It feels like they’ve found a good way of doing the backer mentions, too. Fitting them into the chaos of the post-episode show didn’t really work very well.

I’ve still got to watch whatever that post-episode thing is, but I’m satisfied and anything else is a nice extra.

Oh, by the way, if any of you are interested in starting your own supervillain franchise, I might have something for you. I know you’re thinking evil’s gone too mainstream and there’s no room for a colorful supervillain, but our seminar will allay your fears.

4 Likes

Twist! It turns out Dr. Kabahl actually IS Minsky… after several thousand years of evolution!

3 Likes

Are you saying Emily is Kabahl’s great-many-times-removed Grandmother?

1 Like

That was a lot of fun. More like this please.

4 Likes

I was going to ask if anyone had ever seen Minsky and Kabahl in the same room at once…

3 Likes

Wait, how could this be where Joel killed jazz?

Servo wrote the song.

The bots are the ones who are terminally hip…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Well, it took courage to do what he did: he took a risk, stepped out there on the cutting edge, and he failed miserably.

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this since Friday night. We need to start calling the pre-show and intermission music on the livestreams something else. We can’t call it “jazz” because Joel killed jazz.

4 Likes

Oh, maybe it was this guy who killed jazz

4 Likes

Killed jazz and shattered dreams? That’s an awful lot to put on Joel’s shoulders, isn’t it?

3 Likes