SOLVED: Backer Atrium Search Broken

There does not appear to be a way to search for names in the Backer Atrium.

Also, how are names sorted? I thought it was by backer number, but not sure.

Win10 Chrome version 99.0.4844.51

4 Likes

Im replying mainly to watch this thread. Search does work for me, Firefox 98, MacOS 12. But its doesn’s seem to make sense. All the backer numbers are like 24 million, and im like 15K. So I wonder if its all fake for now?

2 Likes

It seems like the cursor for the name search is a little bit finicky in Firefox 98.0 on Windows 10; In order to get a blinking text-entry cursor, I have to point my mouse at the lower third of the textbox, just underneath the prompt (“enter a name to search”), otherwise the text box is unresponsive. Once I got a cursor, I was able to type in my name and find myself in the backer list, but at first it seemed nonfunctional.

I’ve taken a screenshot and highlighted the lower-third “active” area that responds to mouse clicks on the textbox. Anything above that does not seem to respond to mouse clicks!

5 Likes

I was just about to raise this same issue, running latest Chrome in Windows 11. The “activation zone” for the text box seems to only cover the lower half of the text area or perhaps even less.

It works fine at lower resolutions, but at 1920x1080 or 4k it’s a bit finicky and can give the impression its disabled or not working - it’s not a bug but would be good to sort this if possible because it is a bit non-standard in terms of UI behaviour.

2 Likes

Played with this a bit more. It seems if I randomly click on the slider at the bottom and then click in the text box for the search, it will work. Not sure if that helps with trouble-shooting or not.

2 Likes

Couldn’t find my name but I did find this… ha ha

5 Likes

Yeah…I’m not in there either :cry:

3 Likes

Haha! Found it!

2 Likes

Yes, that worked. Thanks, @Jimbotron!

3 Likes

In case this helps the developers, the “Close” button and the magnifying glass icon button have the same lower-third issue.

2 Likes

Yes same for me in Win10 latest Chrome

2 Likes

Not broken but inconsistent with the movie browse is the Next and Previous function.
Why not use the arrows to the right and left of the backer box like you have in the owned movie browse?
Those arrows are bigger and easier to land on than the bar you have under the backer search results.

2 Likes

Do those numbers even correspond to the Backer#? I’m pretty sure I’ve found my plaque, and the number is not the same as my backer number. It looks like it’s using a number generated by VHX/Vimeo…

3 Likes

NO clue…My backer number is 17,— something, so those numbers are a mystery. Even tried sifting through ALL of the Jennifer’s, I’m not there =(

1 Like

I had no trouble finding my plaque, but yeah, the backer number was WAY off.

1 Like

Since someone mentioned that resolution might be an issue, my display is 1920x1080 with default 125% text scaling.

1 Like

All I know is there are two of me in there. That brings up one question: Am I the imposter, or is it the other guy?

2 Likes

Don’t anybody try looking for Little Bobby Tables: xkcd: Exploits of a Mom

4 Likes

A heads up for those who were asking, Ivan said elsewhere…

3 Likes

I would just like to note for the record, that this post was made on Pi Day.

5 Likes