Backer Flair appearance

I notice today that the Backer Flair that appears on one’s avatar is just a green disc. Didn’t it have the big white K in it before? Is it just me that is seeing a blank disc now? Or am I misremembering how it looked all along?

EDIT: Just realised the thing is more properly referred to as Flair here rather than Badge. Badges are a separate thing.

4 Likes

Can confirm: was a big white K (as opposed to a Big W), is now just a green circle.

4 Likes

Yep, there was a K in it before.

It’s Beta. :wink:

3 Likes

We have a potassium deficiency.

7 Likes

Was kind of wondering the Kickstarter IP department cracked down on “illegal use of a K”. But we deserve a Special K.

SpecialK

4 Likes

Notifications are also no longer working for me this morning; the notification page is empty, and clicking my avatar at top right fails to load anything. The admins are presumably tinkering with things.

2 Likes

It could be a styling thing with CSS. If I get to look at it on my laptop later I will. Also curious if my street team flair is still here…

Huh, my little megaphone icon is still working.

2 Likes

Speaking of the little microphone icon, what is it/what does it mean/how did you get it?

2 Likes

I was a member of the Kickstarter street team. During the Kickstarter (#2) we worked on some ways to boost the results of the campaign. I got semi-official sanctioning to talk in the Kickstarter cabinets waaaaaaay too much. :sweat_smile: We were also the first wave of testers here in the forum.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info. Great job boosting the campaign results! It was exciting to be a part of the Kickstarter and watch those numbers go up :chart_with_upwards_trend:

4 Likes

Oh, so you’re not members of a Rudy Vallee impersonation troupe? That makes me a little sad.

RudyVallee

3 Likes

I was more of a Dickie Crickets fan myself.

5 Likes

I did have one sold idea that was tragically a month too late, but I tried? There were many passionate people who tried everything they could think of. It was impressive.

4 Likes

Rudy Vallee was not just a singer, he was an early standup comedian and he was famous for dirty jokes too. A former boss of mine had a “blue” record he put out in the 1960s when he was past his prime as a singer but still had it as a comedian.

2 Likes

I’m a backer and I don’t have a green dot. I’m sure Captain Sternn is happy not to have his chiseled good looks obscured, but heeeeeyyyyy…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Send a message to Hanover Fiste about that.

EDIT: Yah, what he said. :laughing:

4 Likes

Something must have broken the Backer flair. Mine has SVG to define the shape of the megaphone, but the Backer flair just has ‘background-image: url();’ Which is why it’s empty - nothing is filled in for the url. I can edit it manually and insert an image, so the code works if an image address is supplied.

@Lesley or @ivan, you guys aware of this issue?

2 Likes

I just got a prompt about reloading the site to pick up changes, so they are apparently making modifications on the backend.

1 Like

Someone missing some K’s?

season 5 army GIF

4 Likes