Backer

I just signed up for the forums after the survey was complete. How do I get the backer tag?

5 Likes

See this post:

4 Likes

Yeah. Not sure why that was there when we already have the ability to become Backers on here. But hey - us early adapters don’t do these things because they’re easy.

3 Likes

Happy to explain: we’ve gotten so many requests here to add people as backers that we didn’t have the time or resources to cross-check each request and confirm that it’s accurate.

By collecting a master list through BackerKit, we know that everyone is authorized… so once we’re done collecting the reward survey, I’m planning to clear the “Backer” status from everyone on the forums, and then batch re-add it to everyone based on their BackerKit answers.

All of that to say: even if you have the backer badge here on Discourse already, please fill out that question so that you’ll retain it after we batch reset and add it to everyone’s account!

12 Likes

Either way… BACKERS! WOO!

5 Likes

Glad I saw this- got my survey updated.

Cannot let go of my flair!!!

4 Likes

Pssst… hey kid… wanna buy a backer tag?

10 Likes

Backing never felt so right

2 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

I got accepted as a Backer but I still haven’t gotten the little green K next to my avatar. Is there a delay of some kind or do I have to toggle it or something?

3 Likes

go into your profile, under preferences, there’s a little box for flair, click on that to see if you have the K, and then click on it and save.

2 Likes

Some of us leave the flair off and just retain the Backer next to the username. It’s an aesthetic choice rather than a statement, we’re all proud to be backers!

2 Likes

what SandyFrank said…

I left it off because it was covering up too much of my, er, Jake’s face. I felt it didn’t really work all that well with a closeup, at least for mine.

2 Likes

Ivan explained this in a recent post. You can submit your backer number to the admins and they’ll add the flair for you, but they’re a bit overwhelmed at the moment. The reward survey currently requests your forums email address, so if you specify it, the plan is that he’s going to reset everyone’s flair after all surveys are in and then reapply it for everyone using the survey data.

So if you answered that survey question, there’s nothing else to do but wait until all surveys are in!

5 Likes

Okee-doke, that’s all I wanted to know. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

I’m having trouble finding my backer number on BackerKit.

Go to the project main page and look in the header for the View Pledge link. Click that and scroll to the bottom of that pop-up. You should see your backer number there. Let me know if that doesn’t work and I can post images.

1 Like

Ah! I was looking on BackerKit, not Kickstarter. Thanks.

1 Like

And I say again unto you alll… BACKERS! WOOO!!

1 Like