Badges you'd like to see

Or for using a poop emoji?

5 Likes

How about badges for changing your username based on the names for the hero used during Space Mutiny?
“Big McLarge Huge” and so on

8 Likes

The sheer lack of “We don’t need no steenkin badges” in these replies upsets me terribly :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Maybe some sort of introvert/lurker badge because if I’m being honest, that’s all I’ll ever get.

8 Likes

“I’m a virgin” from pod people for new members in the first week.

A Gamera badge for when someone gives good advice or is generally kind to the community. He’s a friend to all children!

A Coily badge from “a case of spring fever” for… i’m not sure. I just think there should be a Coily badge.

7 Likes

I’m not even sure what it would be for, but an “Idiot Control Now” badge would be exceptional. Perhaps, for people who’ve earned some sort of moderator privilege. That said, the inference that MST’ies are idiots is a bit far-fetched :slight_smile:

9 Likes
2 Likes

What’s a badge🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Seconding anniversary badges. They’re a nice way for users to show their participation and tenure.

8 Likes

I’d like to see a Ramchips badge. I don’t know how we’d get it but it’d be…pretty nice.

11 Likes

I disagree. I think giving badges for highest post counts is likely to promote quantity over quality. I have no problem with a lot of posts that may not be super high quality, but I think that giving badges based on total posts will lead to people going through and posting “worthless” posts in every topic just to get that badge.

16 Likes

Scrolled right on past that. Carry on. Points to you.

3 Likes

We knew the whole time you were expecting them Mr. Bond.

2 Likes

I’ll see your Mel Brooks and raise you a Bogart!

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

5 Likes

“McCloud” badge for replying to someone’s reply, or for replying to the reply to someone’s reply, or for replying to the reply to the reply to someone’s reply, or for replying…

12 Likes

“Chief!?”

“McCloud!?”

7 Likes

I think it would be neat if there was a badge for “Info Club Member” for anyone who can furnish their old MST3K Information Club card or some proof they were a member way back in the day. (Copy of Satellite News with the number on the mail tag, for instance.)

Special badges for Kickstarter backers (either of them) or the Season 12 drive would be nice as well. Not sure on a name though.

Maybe a badge for anyone who has a photo of themselves with an MST3K performer? “Close To Greatness” maybe?

A cosplayer badge for Cosplayers?

6 Likes

There is a “backers2021” group that adds profile flair. Unsure if a similar group exists for the first Kickstarter; a badge might be the better course.

That’s a cool idea!

6 Likes

Just had an idea.

The badge for cosplayers.

“Just Another Face In A Red Jumpsuit.”

8 Likes

“Bob?”
“Valerie…”
“Catherine?”
“Heathcliff!”
“Dorothy?”
“Auntie Em! Auntie Em!”
“Skipper?”
“Little Buddy!”
“Janet!”
“Dr. Scott!”
“Janet!”
“Brad!”
“Rocky!”
“ADRIAN!”
“STELLA!”
“KHAAAAAAAAN!”

“And what about… Naomi?”

Seriously, how about a badge for compulsive post editing, e.g., editing a post more than, say, ten times? It could be the “George Lucas” badge! (And on a completely unrelated note, I am not a compulsive post editor, it just takes me a couple a few OK, more than a few I can stop editing anytime I want! more than one try to get a post to where I’m happy with it.)

Edit (I know, I know…): An alternate name for the “George Lucas” badge? The “HAN SHOT FIRST!” badge.

8 Likes