Bar featured in Demon Squad

I used to host and play at an open mic at the bar featured in the new episode Demon Squad. It was my home away from home and I am absolutely euphoric seeing a place I know and love featured on a show I grew up loving. My heart can’t take it.

I am super bad about checking this forum but hey, I’ll do my best to answer any questions anyone might have about that wonderful and magical former Pizza Hut that I miss dearly.

21 Likes

How much of the furniture in the bar scenes had the actual furniture in the bar?

1 Like

Is the bar now shuttered or no?
What gives with the Rick James Bi— sign?

1 Like

It looks like literally nothing was changed. Like they walked in with a camera. Less cigarette smoke for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, the owner decided it was time to change careers (as she also was the one running the whole thing most nights). The poster was for a local kickball team. All the members signed it. I came to frequent the bar after this happened and was always a little puzzled about it too. It holds a lot of memories.

4 Likes

I wonder if that old Pizza Hut left any “cocktail table” arcade machines behind?

1 Like

Nah. It was scraped clean before the new owner opened a bar. There were pool tables and Tombstone pizza available though!

1 Like

Great detail! It makes much more sense as a kickball team. The only Alabama dive bar I spent time in was The Supper Club in Auburn. Yeah, the smoke could kill you in those places.

1 Like