Baron crushes all, yield before the Baron Appreciation Thread!

I know Baron is an old hand at this by now, and no Tom Servo would ever need the adulation of the crowds to buoy his ego… but he might want it. We have been through Appreciation threads for Emily, Rebecca, Connor, Kelsey, and Hampton… seriously, where’s the Baron? Here is his place!

I really love how Baron’s Tom combines Josh’s very deep-voiced, bombastic Tom with Kevin’s mellow singing, and then he added in just a touch more of the scampiness we all love from the bots. His was the first of the new voices I got used to and could pick out (I have some kind of issue…), and it really became the voice of Seasons 11 and 12 for me. Baron had better have an in with voice-over work, because his voice would be so good in animation!

Ok, folks, let’s hit the ground running; what do you like about Baron?

20 Likes

He helped me move that one time. :truck:

8 Likes

I didn’t think Baron was all that great in Season 11, he really rushed his lines as if getting them out was more important than being funny. He was a little better in Season 12, but I didn’t love his work then, but he has been killing it in Season 13. I don’t know what changed, but he has been amazing.

3 Likes

Raised by Cable is a good comedy album.

2 Likes

Out of all the Season 12 Servos, Baron is my favorite.

4 Likes

I think Baron’s great, he was the first to gel for me in the Netflix seasons as well. It seemed to take Hampton and even Jonah a bit longer to hit their stride, whereas Baron delivered pretty much out of the gate. Of course, he was already doing TV by that point, with for example several seasons of Grace & Frankie on his resume by then.

5 Likes

Oh, Baron, my Baron,
Your voice is so smooth!
I struggle for more words to
finish this song.

You capture his essense,
and his pretentiousness too.
Yet also, sweet Baron,
He brings out your you!

5 Likes

Back in 2016 I went to see Baron so stand up and gave him a giant I HATE TOM SERVO’s NEW VOICE banner on printer paper.

I told him “You’re either going to love this or think I’m an asshole.”

Thankfully, he got a laugh out of it.

13 Likes

I just stumbled across a performance of Baron’s last night, but can’t locate it now so enjoy him dancing like some kind of noodly robot:

https://yandex.com/video/preview/?text=off-book%20baron%20vaughn&path=yandex_search&parent-reqid=1652813041137434-12739008585586639276-vla1-2020-vla-l7-balancer-8080-BAL-9098&from_type=v4thumbs&filmId=17885730311772150093

7 Likes

I absolutely love his rendition of the new theme song. The vocal flourishes and inflections are perfect.

10 Likes

Baron has some very impressive vocal range, strong ability to do impersonations and fantastic singing skills! He made “Concepts!” an instant classic.

And I’m really liking Dr. Kabahl and has me very interested in future appearances!

12 Likes

I’ve become a fan of Baron’s take in Servo. His voice is smooth jazz… Tom has long edged Crow for my 'Bot of choice and Baron has kept the erudite take rolling.

I am also digging Baron’s turn in front of the camera as Dr. Kabahl. I hope we’ll see more of him with the Mads!

11 Likes

Now that my inexplicable desire to serenade him (badly) is out of my system, I can say that Baron had the combination of childish and pretentious down from the beginning. He’s got the Servo voice and his Concepts song was an instant classic. Like the others have said, Dr. Kabahl, the strange financier from the future, looks like he’s going to be a fun new character.

7 Likes

His dancing is dope fly illin’ help me, my slang only goes up to the 1990s!

6 Likes

No Netflix executives breathing down their neck mayhaps?

3 Likes

23 skiddoo!

7 Likes

If Baron was a member of the European aristocracy, he might be called Baron Baron Vaughn or even Baron von Baron Vaughn.

9 Likes

From Baden-Baden?

6 Likes

Ok, from now on his full name is Baron von Baron Vaughn! Hear me Baron? It is time for business cards… and a coat of arms!

6 Likes

And as a Baron, he is of higher noble rank than Count von Count.

9 Likes