Batgirl shelved by DC Comics "never to be seen!"

She mentioned that she has never seen Columbo, so maybe. If I can avoid talking like Peter Falk for the following week.

Google knows jack about my tastes, no matter what it thinks.

Mr. Mercedes is a good one. Brendan Gleeson as a crotchety retired detective tracking down a particularly nasty serial killer. Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney was a real highlight.

2 Likes

Someone I trust clued me in that this isn’t a reliable source, so removing.

3 Likes

It’s been weeks since I’ve watched a new episode of anything, even shows I’m partway through. There’s just no point anymore.

2 Likes

I’ve now been acquiring old shows that are long done, like Columbo and others.
Knucleheads.

Here we go again…

1 Like

Bummer. I likely would have enjoyed that.

FWIW: The network TV series Extant was not horrible. (I rather liked it.) It was also Halle Berry, motherhood, space, sci-fi. 2 seasons & concludes the main story. (Paramount+)

2 Likes

They were originally going to sell it to another streaming service, but no more.

According to a damning report by TheWrap, Warner Bros. executives, including CEO David Zaslav, never watched the full movie before deciding to shelve it again.

2 Likes

Of course he didn’t. I don’t think it would change things. Dude doesn’t like art. He’s a jerk.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t have changed things, but it does illustrate exactly how awful he is.

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of comment lately about Zaslav’s appearance at board meetings.

miser

2 Likes

To play devil’s advocate here, Zaslav was tasked with saving/restructuring a company that is still billions of dollars in debt. He’s going to make unpopular decisions. But if it’s true that he didn’t watch the completed film before canning it again and preventing others from acquiring it, I’d really like to see the numbers behind those decisions.

1 Like

If the company can’t be saved without throwing a nursery full of babies out with the bathwater, maybe it’s better to let it die and let some more responsible company buy their assets.

1 Like

Part of the problem in this specific case is that the reviewers who did watch the film were comparing it in quality to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? People who saw Batgirl said it was okay, not amazing. Scoob was also supposed to be pretty good.

1 Like

How many completed movies have they scrapped without release now?

2 Likes

Too many. But at least now The Day the Clown Cried has friends.

4 Likes

Yes, but I hear The Day the Clown Cried is actually going to be shown in public.

It’s mentioned in the article that Harry Shearer has seen the print and called it “a perfect object”. I think we can probably read between the lines and guess that it’s everything we would hope it to be.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ReviewsPossum/status/1760840176828289319/history

Here.
We.
Go!1

3 Likes

I’m afraid your link didn’t work.

Edit: Aha- https://twitter.com/ReviewsPossum/status/1760840176828289319/

2 Likes