Batgirl shelved by DC Comics "never to be seen!"

just PLEASE give it a good name.

So tired of + being added to everything. 1- brand confusion. 2-lazy.

1 Like

It’s like i[Something]. The hope is that if it gets used consistently enough to mean the same thing, they don’t have to explain themselves.

2 Likes

Maybe it will be HBODOUBLEPLUSGOOD.

2 Likes

Last April Fools Day, Rifftrax changed their Rifftrax Friends service to “Rifftrax Plus+.”

5 Likes
4 Likes

…what.

2 Likes

That’s like something a robot pretending to be a human would write.

3 Likes

…so, most executives? Remind me again why Kinga wants to impress those people?

5 Likes

Question Kinga at your own risk!

3 Likes

This is not surprising. “Reality” and “competition” shows are relatively cheap to produce and don’t take a lot of time. One standing set, people who aren’t SAG members (ie expensive to pay), a couple of cameras and there ya go.
okay there are a few others things, but not many.

Expect to see more and more of this sort of programming as streamers realise they have to continually churn out fresh material. Disney+ is already cracking the seal by moving Dancing with the Stars to their streamer. and NBC has shifted Days of Our Lives to Peacock. Both of these moves are to see if those fans will pay for a subscription.

2 Likes

Yeah, but is that really what most people get HBO Max for? I don’t have it myself, but I don’t know anyone who is champing at the bit to pay $15 a month to watch a bunch of reality shows. They want stuff like Westworld.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree entirely. In a perfect world there would be a single streamer for all of the ‘reality’/ ‘competition’/ dating shows (gods forgot about that dreck) and the rest of us could have our diet of well-written dramas and comedies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a perfect world, these services would be competing by the quality of their platform and not just which programming they have the rights to…

5 Likes

I don’t watch reality TV at all, so… I may have a lot more free time in my future.

3 Likes

On the plus side, we might get a revival of Junkyard Wars[1]

1. Yes, I know they salted the scrapheap/junk yard ahead of each build based on each episode’s experts’ advice ↩︎

2 Likes

The current economic system is not set up to reward skill or merit. It’s designed only to perpetually have a bigger bottom line than the previous quarter. Absolutely nothing else is included in this calculus.

5 Likes

This cartoon is evergreen.

7 Likes

Animated GIF

1 Like

This is probably the best explanation of what’s going on with streaming services right now that I’ve seen. (Warning: language)

2 Likes

Methinks WB cancelled the wrong movie-

3 Likes