Beautifully Illustrated Film Posters

7 Likes

7 Likes

Terminator 2.
Art by John Cordero.

9 Likes

Woa! That was in the original double LP? Mine only has a liner note page with some backstory, description of the tracks and an actual list of all the musicians. 2T-541

2 Likes

Those wacky Poles.

9 Likes

Yes, the double LP my folks got me a couple of weeks after the movie came out had both that big (24"x36") poster and the note page.

I see some people trying to sell them online them for crazy amounts, without the fold marks, those are either fakes or were framed back in '77 when they were new.

Looks like there may have been half size copies put in some of the re-releases of the LP? I see people selling the albums listing the poster dimensions half the size of the original. But maybe they are just printing out there own on legal size paper, 12x14 is not a size I’ve ever seen in real LP releases.

4 Likes

Huh. I had the Star Wars album when it was new (still have it), and I don’t remember that poster. Maybe it was a limited edition?

1 Like

I bet one of my jerk “friends” stole it! It does look pretty cool. Can’t believe I still have that and the Close Encounters LP’s. I sometimes wish I didn’t take such good care of things… I’d have way less kipple around the house.

2 Likes

Jungle Book (2016). Beautiful digital art that not only catches the eye but has all the interesting stuff happening in shadow. (It’s a jungle, hey?)

6 Likes

Poland again. Is that pretty much everyone in the cast? Seems like it.

8 Likes

New from The Mads. I like it very much.

8 Likes

Sure seems like everyone from the credits. I always see Chaka Khan’s name and forget where she shows up. FYI: she was one of the singers in the James Brown scene.

3 Likes

OH WOW! Easily the best poster that film has ever had…

3 Likes

Speaking of Chuck Connors

8 Likes

The movie Kick Ass.

Art by Josh Lane.

4 Likes

…why the Egyptian motif?

3 Likes

Why ask why?

3 Likes

Try Bud Dry.

4 Likes

It can only taste better than the wet version.

3 Likes

I was looking up Corinne Griffith’s filmography after watching her Oscar nominated performance in the Divine Lady, but a lot of them, including these, are lost.

She was one of those who didn’t make the transition to sound, critics said she sounded too nasally. Which seems to be the thing that critics disliked back then, as they dinged John Gilbert on that too (though they were okay with Garbo’s low drone of a voice?)

Gilbert did have a bit of nasal tone in at least one flick, but he must have received vocal coaching because that wasn’t as pronounced later on. And what I’ve heard of Corrine, it’s a little bit that way, and high pitched. But not terribly so, to where it ruins the performance.

I also didn’t think Seena Owen’s voice was that bad, but she’s another who was criticized and lost her career.

So far, of those who supposedly couldn’t make the transition to sound, I’ve yet to hear Lina Lamont levels of awful.

6 Likes