Best Cause or Figment of Your Short's Imagination

Coily? Mr. B. Natural? Body care? Dreaming? What worry or spirit is your favorite nuisance or fantasy in the shorts of MST?

Me? Benjamin Franklin of Money Talks! A shadow talking money left a mark. What’s yours?

6 Likes

Before Rifftrax did it, I first saw “Soapy the Germ Fighter” sans riffing, and what a weird nuisance he was - a giant cake of soap dressed as a cowboy who comes to your bed, yeah, fun? Rifftrax helped make him creepier (and I like Kevin’s line about your animated roll of toilet paper, Wipey)

If one expands it to all the world of riffing, they’d have a bunch of helpful, annoying advice givers or spirits to chose from. But with MST3K, yeah Mr. B and Coily are the classics, I don’t know that you can beat them for nightmare fuel.

4 Likes

What about Nuveena and the Pizza Dominatrix?

3 Likes

mst3k424HESEVIL

Emperor Palpatine in Hired! Part 2.

3 Likes

Serious answer: the disapproving visions of Miss Granby in the Cheating short elevates the work from goofy to spectacularly ludicrous.

3 Likes

The talking chicken in The Chicken of Tomorrow.

“That’s what you think, big boy.” It even discombobulated the narrator. :confused:

4 Likes

I like the angel and devil from Out of This World

6 Likes

Is it weird that I shipped them?

4 Likes

5SecondsApp_658003006.490983

5 Likes

Nah, him putting her in that outfit? The ship writes itself!

2 Likes

Reverend Creepy Company Smugwad from Days Of Our Years wins it all. I wish a Labor Sprite had come along and shoved him in front of a speeding train. >:

(I’m surmising that “Best” means “Worst” in this scenario, as it so often does.)

1 Like

This riffing love of ours is upside down. The more ridiculous it is the more we love it.

The narrator.

I’d probably be a better, well-rounded, morally upright person if such a disembodied voice was audible to me. Alas, I’ve had to determine if it was love on my own and if I was ready for marriage. I would have gone on more dates with my family (and I would have known what to do on said dates)! And I’m devastated that I never really considered going into Home Economics.

3 Likes

I think RT might have done a short called “Habit Patterns.” I know that Josh Way has done it. Regardless, I’ll never sit through it again. The narrator in that one is basically terrorizing the poor girl throughout. First smugly accusing her of not talking enough, then of talking too much, and so on. It’s absolutely rage-inducing and nightmarish, especially if you’ve spent a lifetime trying to turn that [redacted] off in your own head. :angry: :fu:

3 Likes

The narrator falls under both the nuisance and fantasy categories. That :poodle:.

2 Likes

90 seconds in and I was already calling for Coily to come and end my torment permanently.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning! If watching shorts has taught me anything, it’s to learn from the mistakes of others or you’ll be judged harshly.

2 Likes

If I had the technical acumen, I’d do a remix/mash-up in which Joe Jackson comes in and serenades everyone with the song “Fit.”

( :notes: “…And if you don’t fit, you’re fit for nothin’ at all…” :notes:)

Maybe he too was feeling terrorized (by some UK version of this drivel) when he wrote that.

2 Likes

I must have missed this. Who is this?

That’s Wilbur the Angel from Once Upon A Honeymoon.

1 Like