• Quest of the Delta Knights
  • Time Chasers
  • Werewolf
  • Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
  • Atlantic Rim
  • Munchie
  • Robot Wars

0 voters

We all :heart: the '90s, and the '90s in turn have given us some great riff-fodder. Which of these MST3Ks of '90s movies is the best>

6 Likes

There’s not enough love for Soultaker. The hair, the outfits, the cars, the cokehead, Robert Z’Dar. It’s early 90s all the way.

For late 90s, I’ve gotta give it to the flannel for daaaaays look of Future War with bonus Robert Z’Dar.

8 Likes

Vintage run: Werewolf
Current run: Munchie

5 Likes

I dug all these episodes and wouldn’t mind watching any of them at a moment’s notice, but I’ll take a page out of @ArtCrow’s book and go with the two different eras:

Vintage era? The Final Sacrifice. Cripes on a crepe, but they were ON FIRE in every possible way there.

New era? Munchie. I was expecting a bruiser of a movie but got an absolute joy of an episode.

Overall? The Final Sacrifice. All-time top five episode, easily.

6 Likes

Interesting to note: Joel is the only host who has never riffed a '90s movie. (So far, at least!)

6 Likes

This one’s tough. There’s a lot of good choices in there, especially now that we’ve added Munchie to the library.

5 Likes

Just FYI, Atlantic Rim is from 2013.

5 Likes

Atlantic Rim? 2013 is part of the nineties now? :wink:

4 Likes

Werewolf
Time Chasers
Soultaker
Munchie
Future War (not listed for some reason)
The Final Sacrifice
(Atlantic Rim is not a 90’s movie but it would go here if I ranked it)
Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
Robot Wars

4 Likes

Darnit. I was going down a chronological list and I went down one too many. And you can’t edit a poll after it’s been active for 5 minutes.

3 Likes

JUST TELL ME THAT YOU WANT ME!

bill hader snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Just say Atlantic Rim is super secret code for Future War.

7 Likes

Atlantic Rim was filmed entirely on location at Crystal Vista.

6 Likes

In general, I really dig it whenever they do a 90s movie. I think it’s because it was the decade I grew up in, so I relate to them so much more.

This is also why I loved the Crystal Vista Presentation host segment!

7 Likes

I loved the episode, but I feel like I need to spend more time with Munchie (boy, are those words I never thought I’d say) to make a decision.

5 Likes
  1. Final Sacrifice
  2. Werewolf
  3. Time Chasers
  4. Future War
  5. Soultaker
  6. Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
  7. Munchie
  8. Quest of the Delta Knights
  9. Robot Wars
3 Likes

I’d tried to fix it, but apparently, mods can’t edit a poll either. Sorry.

4 Likes

I’d probably rank Soultaker right behind Time Chasers. If anything, it’s almost too competent to be truly terrible. Despite the low budget and epic levels of padding. I’m a bit weirded out by the level of venom towards Zach during the credits. Given how much better he is as a hero than these characters usually are.

4 Likes

As yes, as a 90s movie, I’m definitely intrigued by Doctor Mordred!

2 Likes